20 x 24 Cabin W / loft N Foothills of NC

Started by Beaglr, May 31, 2010, 08:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaglr

Well a little information on a dream of mine to build a cabin, This idea started problably three years ago and I started on the project in Febuary of this year. I wish I had started this forum when I started the project. I have put some pictures on a website I started for the pics because I am not sure on how to post them here. I am building this project on a upper pasture on my property we have Chiccken Stews and Bon fires and occaisional Basketball game with the kids and really enjoy hanging out up there. There is a pole Barn that I built 14 years ago up there and is still standing.

I started this project by digging 12 holes and putting rebar and then filling with concrete. I had some timbers that are 7" x 9" treated that I used for my outer floor joist. I used cinderblock on the footings and ran three rows of the timbers I then taken some metal 3"x 3" angle and tied them all together. I ran  2x6 from one timber to the other for my floor joist. These were just ideas that I had and with what I had to work with w/o spending a lot of money.

The website that the pictures are on is WWW.MICHALANE.COM

325ABN