1.5 story cottage questions

Started by bfam5, July 31, 2006, 11:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatycady

I'm doing a 20X40 log cabin with porches. I don't think it looks goofy. I bought the 1.5 story cottage plans and built it without any knee walls, because we used logs instead of 2X6x10' or 12'.  I'll post more pictures soon.. We ran about a 6' porch along the both long sides. So if you include the porches my little cabin is about 32X40. It may look skinny without the porches however.

Good luck!

williet

I'd love to see some pictures of the inside and outside.

What kinda costs did you end up with????

chatycady

We started in May and have the roof on, but still have lots to do on outside. I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance. It has rained and rained and rained this summer. But got the windows in so next is insulation. I'm at $30,000 so far. That's with a poured foundation.  8-)

chatycady

williet

It's really looking good. The 20X40 dimensions are good too. Thanks for the pics.

chatycady

Thanks! I've read almost everything on this website and used all the advice I could fine. These plans are perfect and doable for two and even one strong person!  My son-in-law has done most of it himself.... I did help hold, nail and over all gopher for him. I love every minute of it. So satisfying... :)