a few pics of the new place

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, March 18, 2009, 05:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

Now, if I can just remember how to do this again....

edit to fix pix  gk

It's the IMG one at the bottom, Homey.

StinkerBell

Very nice!

THe kids are growing like weeds!

peternap

Pretty place. It'll be turning green soon.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Yes as you stated it has been a little neglected.  I sure with your herd of gaots it will be clean in no time. Need a little better picture of the little one though.  Stand closer unless you are afraid of the blackberry bushes. ;D

Homegrown Tomatoes

Thanks for fixing it... there are several other pics but as i was trying to get pics posted yesterday Sylvia woke up from her nap and computer time was over.  She thinks it is her job to empty the trash can and tip over the boxes still waiting to be unpacked.  Let's see if I can do a better job this time and get a few more of them.

Supervisor says there's a lot of work to do

Homegrown Tomatoes

Hmmm... I got it to work as a direct link but can't seem to get it to post directly on the forum. ???  I know, I'm technically challenged (you have no idea just how much so... got a new computer the other day but am using the old one because I can't log in to this website on the new one...)

Homegrown Tomatoes

My help kept running off to take breaks and cool off every five minutes... I think they're union.  That shot is of the back of the house and the sunroom.  I should take some new pics because everything is blooming and greening up now.

Looking north from the south end of the three overgrown garden beds... they've been really neglected, but can be really nice with a little work.  You can see how badly damaged the woods around the house have been from the past several years worth of ice storms.

retaining wall with a lot of daffodils just to the west of the house...

my helpers started out strong.  I don't know what happened to them!

Homegrown Tomatoes

I'll try to get outside today and take a few more pictures around the place... it looks better already with everything blooming... if it doesn't rain.  Also I'll be back later to beg more technical assistance so that I can get logged in on my new computer.  It keeps saying I don't exist!  In the meantime, I have to move the guineas to the rabbit hutch because they figured out how to hop on top of the feeder and out of the box, and while it is very entertaining to watch kids trying to chase down guineas in the kitchen, it isn't exactly the cleanest process, especially when we're still trying to unpack.   :-\  My to-do list isn't getting any shorter while I'm playing on the computer so I'd best go for now.

StinkerBell

I hate when I am told I do not exist.

MountainDon

Homegrown, what browser do you use?

If you use Firefox and if you have the browser "remember" your login here you might get around this problem by installing the Firefox Password Exporter on the old computer and transferring the data to the new one. This extension allows you to export your saved passwords and disabled login hosts using XML or CSV files that can be imported in another browser or computer.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Woo-hoo. Was able to get in on the new computer.  I exist again!  Now... figuring out how to download pics onto the new computer.... I thought I was homegrown tomatoes.... but turns out I am my email address.  Guess it has been that long since I logged out.

apaknad

congrats homey. sounds like you are really getting some work done. i am going to hijack your thread a little and talk about me(it's all about me ;D).
i too am working on the new house(so to speak) and have been busy trying to remodel some things before move in time(4-1-09). this is why i haven't posted in awhile. i guess it is mandatory to be sick w/some malady when one is doing these things. had a bad cold and very weak for the last two weeks while i prep the house. good thing my cousin diane came to my rescue to help me pack. she said "this(the kitchen) is the hardest room to box up and i thought "yeah, right diane". turns out it took us all day to do it. where does a single guy get all this stuff?  she is a little white tornado at 5' tall and 65 y.o. outworked me hands down. still trying to get my strength back but cold symptoms for the most part are gone.
here are the updates: ripped out old carpet,pads,staples and tack strips in the whole main floor(nasty job, no wonder mom had asma and bronchitus attacks).
pros came in and refinished living room, hall, three bedrooms and All closets plus new 1/4 round oak shoe molding for $1293.00. very happy w/results. beautiful red oak floors.
started painting ceilings w/behr flat white but i don't think i have time to finish so i am prioritizing painting areas in rooms that once stuff is moved in i can't get behind or at.
if i new how to post pics i would(i know, i know, everybody else has it figured out but me. M.Don tried to tell me once and i still don't know what the hell he was talking about). ???
anyway, hope this finds everyone doing well.
luv you all(your old hippy friend) dan c*
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

glenn kangiser

Now we need more pix from both of you - Note that I am working all weekend I think, so - won't get to look at them until late evening.  [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Don't feel bad about the login - Homey -- I have done it too.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

muldoon

the place looks pretty.  I'm seeing alot of the same dried up look right now too, we have been under a burn ban for over a year now.  It's going to be gorgeous when it all greens back up. 

Kids are looking great too. 

Homegrown Tomatoes

Quote from: apaknad on March 20, 2009, 09:54:58 AM
congrats homey. sounds like you are really getting some work done. i am going to hijack your thread a little and talk about me(it's all about me ;D).
i too am working on the new house(so to speak) and have been busy trying to remodel some things before move in time(4-1-09). this is why i haven't posted in awhile. i guess it is mandatory to be sick w/some malady when one is doing these things. had a bad cold and very weak for the last two weeks while i prep the house. good thing my cousin diane came to my rescue to help me pack. she said "this(the kitchen) is the hardest room to box up and i thought "yeah, right diane". turns out it took us all day to do it. where does a single guy get all this stuff?  she is a little white tornado at 5' tall and 65 y.o. outworked me hands down. still trying to get my strength back but cold symptoms for the most part are gone.
here are the updates: ripped out old carpet,pads,staples and tack strips in the whole main floor(nasty job, no wonder mom had asma and bronchitus attacks).
pros came in and refinished living room, hall, three bedrooms and All closets plus new 1/4 round oak shoe molding for $1293.00. very happy w/results. beautiful red oak floors.
started painting ceilings w/behr flat white but i don't think i have time to finish so i am prioritizing painting areas in rooms that once stuff is moved in i can't get behind or at.
if i new how to post pics i would(i know, i know, everybody else has it figured out but me. M.Don tried to tell me once and i still don't know what the hell he was talking about). ???
anyway, hope this finds everyone doing well.
luv you all(your old hippy friend) dan c*
Dan, I think there is an unwritten rule that you have to have some sort of malady when you're moving or packing, if not both.  We all got the stomach flu follwed by a respiratory type flu followed by allergies when the cedar pollen went sky high, so I know the feeling.  Hope you recover very soon.  I also know what you mean about nasty carpet.  I so wish that we'd closed on time so that we could have spent a day pulling carpet before moving in.  I'd gladly live with concrete slab... I think this carpet probably dates back to around 1988.  The carpet in the rent house caused some problems, but this stuff is killer.  As long as I am outside, I am OK, but the minute I come in and sit down in the living room or try to actually sleep in the bedroom, either my throat swells up or I start sneezing and can't stop.  I think we're going to try to pull it out ASAP.  (Read:as soon as I finally locate my big cast iron skillet and my silverware!)  I had asthma as a little kid, but when my dad left (a chainsmoker) my asthma was "cured".  So I don't even remember the treatment or anything like that... my doctor assumed I'd outgrown it, but I'm thinking that allergy induced asthma may still be a factor without me even realizing it.  Feel like I just can't really get a breath of air in the house.  Now, as for that posting pics thing, if I can do it ANYONE (ahem! Dan!) can do it!

Thanks, Muldoon.  Everything is blooming now, though still not as green as it could be.  They're predicting severe thunderstorms Monday PM, so hopefully we'll get a bit of rain out of that and everything will green up really nice.  I went ahead and burned off the remaining garden beds this morning while it was sprinkling a little.  They burned hot and fast, but didn't kill anything that was green (mainly vetch)... just skimmed over the tops and ate up all the old dry grass.  Should be easy to turn the soil now, even if the tiller part never gets here and I have to do it all by hand.  Also pruned back the pampas grass and the vineyard today.  Anyone ever start grapes from cuttings?  I am attempting it because there were a couple of the grape vines that were missing or dead, so hopefully I can save a little $ by getting a few going.  I also planted creeping phlox today, unpacked half a dozen more boxes and brought junk in out of the garage.  Have a HUGE box in the kitchen that is going to Goodwill... random stuff that made more sense ina two-story house than in a one story.  We just keep adding to it.  The weatherman is saying that there is a chance we'll have freezing temps overnight a week from now (hard to believe with the weather we've been having) so DH is planning on going out and cutting a little firewood tomorrow after church from the place we are clearing for the chicken house.   Seems like a million and one things going on at once, but it is a happy kind of busy.  Thankful not to be still stuck in the city!