A Couple of Thoughts on the Democratic Debate Tonight

Started by sparks, January 31, 2008, 10:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

Well, at least they were civil to each other this time. And could this be the 'dream team' ? About half way through the debate, the lyrics to "We won't get fooled again" came to mind...........yeah,........right.
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

williet

We thought it was a "debate"....The ideas of each was expressed well and the differences were discussed as much as Blitzer would allow. I really think Lou Dobbs or even thet O'Riley bumb would be better at this than WOLF... he wants Michael Bloomberg so bad he'll do anything to make everyone else look terrible...and..... Bloomberg isn't even running .....yet.

How bout this for a Democratic Dream Team ???

Hillary as President
Barack as VP
Edwards as Attorney General
Biden as Sec. of State

OR.....

The Republican Dream Team....

Bush as Marionette
Cheney as Puppeteer
Chertoff as Enforcer
Rice as Cheerleader

OOPPPPS....silly me...that's what we've got now.

The 2008 Republican Dream Team !!!!!

McCain as Commander in Chief
Romney as CEO
Huckabee as TV Evangelist
Giuliani as Court Jester

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

williet

Gotta face reality.....Some of them will be running the show for the nexr four years.....

Who's it gonna be????????

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Willy

Well I don't comment much on these things but if I was to vote it would be for McCain. The republicans are thinking he is not repubican enought and I seriousy can't live or vote the other way. Anyone who would spend $$35$$MILLION of his own money for this job has to have his head examined or he has another motive for being in office! Sad to say I won't be voting because they don't elect people I would vote for and I am not voting just to vote. Mark

MountainDon

Crimony!! Even this pages "Ads by Google" are political!!

Every other incoming phone call seems to be a robot promoting Hillary.  >:( 
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: williet on February 01, 2008, 08:04:00 PM
Gotta face reality.....Some of them will be running the show for the nexr four years.....

I'm guessing it will still be Bush and Cheney.  d*

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

sparks

We're screwed, "Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss". [frus]
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

williet

Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 01, 2008, 10:23:04 PM
Quote from: williet on February 01, 2008, 08:04:00 PM

I'm guessing it will still be Bush and Cheney.  d*

You may be right, especially if McCain is elected. There will be no difference and this sink hole in the middle east will go on forever ... I believe McCain says at least 100 more years. He says he'll form a commitee of CEO's to help fix the Tax situation and a Board of Hospital and Insurance Exec's to tell us what we can do about Health Insurance.

Do ya think Cheney can manage two puppets?

IF BUSH is able to screw us with this legislation to allow him to decide policy for the next President, it don't matter who's elected....

glenn kangiser

Bush has already set it up to where he doesn't have to leave if he can pull a terrorist act out of his hat on our soil.  I don't doubt his abilities. 

I doubt he and Cheney have limited themselves to one option...  but maybe their puppetmasters only need to switch marionettes for the next part of the show.

Internet service to the middle east has been disrupted just as it was before 9-11.  Who knows -- maybe he's working on it.

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=199403

Willy

Well I thought I would post this for the other side of the story. Mark

Your Social Security
Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this. It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your kids. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat of Republican. Facts are Facts!!!

Our Social Security

Franklin Roosevelt , a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
Completely voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
Into the Program would be deductible from
Their income for tax purposes each year,

4.) That the money the participants put into the
Independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
General operating fund, and therefore, would
Only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other
Government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees
Would never be taxed as income.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
Now receiving a Social Security check every month --
And then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
The money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
Away' -- you may be interested in the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
Independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
General fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
Controlled House and Senate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
Deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US .

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving
Annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
Began to receive Social Security payments! The
Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
Even though they never paid a dime into it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of
Awareness will be planted and maybe changes will
Evolve. Maybe not, some Democrats are awfully
Sure of what isn't so.

glenn kangiser

Willy

Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 02, 2008, 02:39:33 PM
Unfortunately, all politicians are out to get us.
This is why I don't like politics because this kind of stuff can be copied all over the net and posted about why each party is wrong. There never seems to be a middle ground in a group. No way are you allowed to be a little of each that would be totaly wrong to every group of groupie followers. Guess that is why I don't vote but I did volenteer in the US Army to go to war to protect that right. I am a Veitnam Vet and so is my Brother, Dad (WWI-WWII) Mark

MountainDon

Well, when it comes to spending our money it does seem that both the Democrat and the Republican Parties excel at it. The Dems though seem more hell bent on taking money from anyone who's worked and saved up a  couple dimes to rub together and giving it away to those lazy, "it's not my fault", ne'er do wells.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

The main difference between the parties is that the democrats like to take our money and pump it back into circulation via handouts. The republicans take our money and give it to billionaires who horde it. Both options suck but which is worse?

MountainDon

I say don't give it to the huddled masses, as all that does is make them vote for Dems again and again..... Maybe if there weren't so many entitlement programs there'd be more reason to do something yourself?

Willy

Quote from: MountainDon on February 02, 2008, 05:51:34 PM
I say don't give it to the huddled masses, as all that does is make them vote for Dems again and again..... Maybe if there weren't so many entitlement programs there'd be more reason to do something yourself?

Why work when you get enought hand outs to exsist. It breeds generations of lazy people expecting more handout on our backs. I know I was married to one one 30+ years ago and she has figured every way to get a freebee and taught her daughter to do the same. They are both profreshional free loaders now and can work the system to a TEE. They also work the bars the same way for free drinks, ex husbans later for more money and even married another one to get 1/2 of his home he owned, she con him into putting it in both name then devorsed him a year later. The best part was she had him sell it first to move to a new area or she would not marry him. Then they put the new home in both names. She had it all figured out and this is why she married him. Mark

desdawg

Quote from: MountainDon on February 02, 2008, 03:58:51 PM
Well, when it comes to spending our money it does seem that both the Democrat and the Republican Parties excel at it. The Dems though seem more hell bent on taking money from anyone who's worked and saved up a  couple dimes to rub together and giving it away to those lazy, "it's not my fault", ne'er do wells.

I fondly refer to this as the "Freeby's For Deadbeats" Program and have always considered it a major plank in the Democratic Party platform. Being an entrepreneur by nature I could never abide Democratic politics. So I am a registered Republican. However that is not a good option either. I am really tired of being sold down the river..........
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

Erin

I agree! 
Republican's deadbeats on welfare are of a much higher quality than Democrats and are therefore far more deserving of their welfare!

d*

ETA:  My uncle and a cousin he farms with, were at the FSA office one day to fill out the paperwork for last year's subsidy payments.  Small town, that government office shared space with the WIC clinic.  While my uncle and cousin were in line, my cousin started ranting about welfare recipients (ie, the women walking into the WIC office).
My uncle was baffled.  "Are you serious??  We're in line to collect thousands of dollars.  They're in line to get cheese and tuna!  I'll bet anyone of them would be happy to trade you..."   ::)

My welfare payment is always more valid than the other guy's. 
The wise woman builds her own house... Proverbs 14:1

ScottA

The Indians here in Okla. get alot of handouts. People complain about it all the time but do they ever stop to think how much was stolen from these people in the past? If you ask me they deserve any help they can get.

StinkerBell

ScottA,

Let me play the devils advocate here.

At what point do we stop? How many generations to we pay a penalty for something that was done a very long time ago? I do not mind a help up but I do take issue with a hand out especially when the person feels entitled. When do we stop handing out a fish and teach people how to fish?

williet

Both parties are going to raise tax...They HAVE to THIS time ... The Bush administration has spent all of our money and borrowed no telling how much to waste in the Middle East.

SOMEONE has GOT to pay the bill!!!!!!!

The main difference is where the party plans to spend the tax they steal from us. The Repubs will continue to spend in on the war machine, Blackwater, mega-companies and so on ....the Dems will spend it on Health Care, Education, Infrastructure and so on ....

The question isn't who's not gonna raise tax or spend money....but rather where are they gonna spend it?

I'd rather it be spent in the rebuilding of America instead of the futher destruction on America.......Either way...they're gonna continue to STEAL my life's savings and spend it!

glenn kangiser

Quote from: ScottA on February 04, 2008, 01:41:28 PM
The Indians here in Okla. get alot of handouts. People complain about it all the time but do they ever stop to think how much was stolen from these people in the past? If you ask me they deserve any help they can get.

I feel the same on this -- it happened all over.  I feel they deserve fairness and help but I want them to take the initiative to take advantage of the help given them.  I have very good friends here who are native Americans, work for the park service and one is a Harvard graduate.  Most of their friends we have met are college grads and or well educated.   

I fully support them and others like them.  They are good people and have bettered themselves.  I also know some who are alcoholics and dopers.  I have little use for them, but my feeling about them is exactly the same as for worthless doper alcoholic whites.  Either they are good or they are not by their choice, and it is up to them to better themselves and not waste their opportunities.  Same as for whites in my opinion. 

I have one of them on one of my contractors licenses so in case he gets out of work seasonally, he can work with me without hassles from the state or IRS, and I will have one more source of trusted help for my various jobs.

glenn kangiser

I don't see it getting better  with anybody except RP, Williet, but even with him if by some odd chance he makes it, I wouldn't hold my breath.