Hows the weather?

Started by astidham, September 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MushCreek

It's been getting warm here lately, flirting with 90 a couple days this week- about 12 degrees above normal. We're still managing without resorting to the A/C. I open the windows at night, and close them up during the day to keep in the 'coolth'. The warmest the interior has gotten so far was 75. There's a lot to be said for living in a giant cooler! We had a cool front come through yesterday, so today will be dry and more normal- about 80.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

flyingvan

Strangest thing---there is WATER.  Falling from the sky.  Has anyone ever seen this before?  I thought something was leaking.  Water doesn't come from the sky, it comes from farmers selling their shares instead of growing stuff.  I wonder if the Clean Water Act folks have been notified.  The stuff is running down the storm drains as we speak.
Find what you love and let it kill you.

rick91351

Quote from: flyingvan on May 15, 2015, 10:44:02 AM
Strangest thing---there is WATER.  Falling from the sky.  Has anyone ever seen this before?  I thought something was leaking.  Water doesn't come from the sky, it comes from farmers selling their shares instead of growing stuff.  I wonder if the Clean Water Act folks have been notified.  The stuff is running down the storm drains as we speak.

I did a Wiki search and I think it might be a substance called rain.  We are receiving some of the same up here as well.  Much - much needed. 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

dark grey skies here, some rain, more promised than delivered though. 
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

2/10 inch of rain so far...

Off to the mountains over the weekend where the forecast is calling for 1 to 2 inches of snow above 7500 feet, and that is us! 

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Adam Roby

32 F this morning...  freezing point.  May 23rd...  ain't I usually taking a dip down at the swimming hole by this time of year?  Guess I could always join the Polar Bear Club.  Wonder how long before this thread turns into, "It's so damn hot"... we're not living if we're not complaining I suppose. 

puglife122711

New caney, Texas. Still raining, been raining for almost a month straight..ready for the sun

rick91351

We had a very light snow year this year but lots of rain.....  Were at 102% of normal....  After this last rain squall and it is not over yet.  104% of normal it could not have occurred at a better time.  Spring wheat and oats were really needing a boost.  The hay is really jumping.  Up here very little is irrigated so every drop is appreciated this time of the year...
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Gary O

I see where Anheuser-Busch is cutting beer production in order to provide more water for those in Texas and Oklahoma....in case they run out, I guess.
No kiddin'
Canned water.

Annnd, it's on sale right now.

They say it takes some getting used to since it's a bit heavier than Budweiser.
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

Redoverfarm

Who stole our summer?   ???  Woke up this morning looking at 36F.  Frost on the roof. Yesterday the high was 61F.  It's not even October yet.  Well good brisk morning to split firewood.   ;)

MushCreek

We're enjoying the first cool weather in a long time. This summer in SC was hot and dry. We're about a foot behind on rainfall- leaves are just drying up and falling off. Yesterday was 48 degrees- about a 20 degree drop in two days.
Jay

rick91351

I got the lawn planted.  I planted it in three sections - first we sprinkled and it is up.  Second a couple days latter and sprinkled it is still not yet figure tomorrow or the next day.  Third put in yesterday day ......   ???  What does that have to do with the weather you ask.......   ;D  We got a very nice rain last night.  First rain in a month or so.   [cool]  Happy dance!!!!     

Redoverfarm

Quote from: rick91351 on September 15, 2015, 05:58:06 AM
I got the lawn planted.  I planted it in three sections - first we sprinkled and it is up.  Second a couple days latter and sprinkled it is still not yet figure tomorrow or the next day.  Third put in yesterday day ......   ???  What does that have to do with the weather you ask.......   ;D  We got a very nice rain last night.  First rain in a month or so.   [cool]  Happy dance!!!!   

You picked the right time of the year to plant grass.  Fall is first over spring IMO.  Summer forget it.  Rick spacing it out means you will have to mow it a day apart.  d* ;).   

This weather I would take year round.  I guess I am more of a fall/winter person.

Don_P

72 is nice but it can be a degree either side and still be fine. I actually fired up the woodstove nite before last and just camped out in front of it for awhile, that was a pretty quick change. Humidity crashed too.

Umm, John.. about that splitting firewood... [slap] ;D

MountainDon

I split wood this past weekend up at the cabin. For next winter. :)    It was just cool enough to have the first fire of the season. Small one.  Cleaned the chimney last weekend.

I too like it this time of year. I wouldn't mind fall all year.

Adam Roby

This weekend was absolutely beautiful, with today even being pretty warm.  Unfortunately the little one was not well and we spent most of the day waiting at the clinic.   

d*

I wonder what the weather was like everywhere else, the forum was completely dead this weekend.  I kept wondering if it had gone down.   

???

Redoverfarm

Quote from: Adam Roby on September 27, 2015, 08:45:09 PM
This weekend was absolutely beautiful, with today even being pretty warm.  Unfortunately the little one was not well and we spent most of the day waiting at the clinic.   

d*

I wonder what the weather was like everywhere else, the forum was completely dead this weekend.  I kept wondering if it had gone down.   

???

Nope appears to be up and running.  Maybe others are experiencing your good weather and making the best of it.  Not as much here as we have had rain for the past three days and forecast the majority of next week the same.  Mostly inside works it appears for us on the east coast. 

Hope it wasn't anything serious on your little one and a quick recovery.

Adam Roby

December 24th, Christmas Eve and its 62 degrees outside (I'm in Montreal so we usually have 3' of snow by this time).

I can't say that I mind a green Christmas!

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate this time of year.

MountainDon

Now you know why we like where we live in the SW; desert mesa at approx 5500 feet. A little rain yesterday. Snow flurries that melted upon ground contact. But if we want snow we can head east to the Sandia Mountains or north to the Jemez.

Where our cabin is our friends up there estimate something like 14+ inches have fallen recently. They are diligently using the snow blower. Makes room for them to turnaround in and for us to park when we go up to snow shoe to our cabin. Sure is nice to have friends like them.

Redoverfarm

Not very often that you see toads crossing the road on Christmas Eve in the Wild & Wonderful.  Right now it is 64F.  I got a feeling that we will pay for it later.  If not I'll take it.  ;)

MushCreek

About 70 and very wet in SC. Up to around 75 tomorrow. No dry weather on the horizon for a week.
Jay

Adam Roby

Quote from: Redoverfarm on December 24, 2015, 02:39:16 PM
Not very often that you see toads crossing the road on Christmas Eve...

Funny you mention, I was just watching some mosquitoes between my patio doors... haven't seen any in a couple of months, where these buggers came from I have no clue.  I have to say, the squirrels around here are looking quite plump, might be time to sample squirrel brains.   ;)

kenhill

7 degrees in Anchorage.  4 inches of snow here.  14 inches at the Cabin on Red Shirt Lake.  Need more snow!!!

rick91351

Quote from: kenhill on December 24, 2015, 09:59:42 PM
7 degrees in Anchorage.  4 inches of snow here.  14 inches at the Cabin on Red Shirt Lake.  Need more snow!!!

Where we are here in Idaho it will not stop snowing....  Has not been like this in years...  forecast say maybe an inch - it dumps a six inches to a foot.....  These storms are streaming directly east from Oregon...  I have not seen that in years....

Don_P

Sounds like most of us are getting some moisture recharge. We've had about 5" of rain this week, I can hear the spring over 500' away, yup, the windows are open. We got to 70*F yesterday... there's still greens growing in the garden and the family could come up here for Christmas, usually we are happy to bug out for a few days by now.