Selling my "four" Osage River Cottages located in Mid-Missouri Ozarks!

Started by redhead101551, September 24, 2009, 09:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhead101551

Hello: I am selling my dream place! Reduced thousands below appraisal. $199,900 for this amazing place on the Osage River.  Health reason is why I am selling my four beautiful Osage Riverfront Cottages. I simply can not take care of them any more. They are  located in Central Missouri near Lake of the Ozarks in the small Village of Tuscumbia.  County seat of Miller County, Missouri. 30 miles South of Jefferson City.  3 hours from Kansas City or St. Louis.  This amazing place is like a step back in time where the steamboats and ferry boats landed back in the 1930's.  My property was once part of old town Tuscumbia and I have brought them back to life. This is a showplace! Nothing like it anywhere!  One cabin  was an Old Post Office, one an Barber Shop, one an old fisherman's lodge along with its own ICE HOUSE carved into the bluffs behind it. One is new that I used for my business. Has its own cave and bluffs galore.  No expenses were spared on this project. Come with a huge 30x48 garage with kitchen/bar!  You have to see this garage!  The Osage River is a wonderful spot to fish or boat or just relax and watch it go by from the front porch of any of these four charming cabins. Combined all together the liveable space is about 4,000 sq ft. Taxes are $750 per year. Low electric bills!  Beautiful place to call home. Kids can walk to school and nearby Riverside Park. Laid back lifestyle.  Start your own campground/resort/Bed and Breakfast or rent them out as income.  I live in cabin #2 year round and use the other cabins as guest houses for family and friends when they visit me at the Osage River. There is extra adjoining land with its own well and septic and huge foundation available for $55,000.  There is a turn key furniture package available filled with beautiful antiques for $45,000.To view my dream place go to: http://www.homesbyowner.com/93588  or go to http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/Beverly'scabins/ 

MountainDon

redhead, this is an advertisement which is not allowed by the registration agreement you signed when you registered on the Country Plans Forum.  n*  I found ten other for sale postings here and there on the web before I stopped counting.  ::)  I'll let this stand for a day "just because". If you'd like to take part in any of the many discussions on Country Plans I'll leave it alone. We do allow active members a certain amount off leeway at times. Good luck on the sale.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

I received a reply to my email (with above post) to redhead.

I am sorry...I was so excited in finding your website and  other people ad's for cabins and river property for sale that I guess I did not pay attention. I do have my property listed on other websites.  Again sorry for the misunderstanding.  Please take it off if you have to do that.  I completely understand.   

Bev

Anyone interested in the above property?
So when do I become an Ogre?
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

redhead101551

I had to look up what Ogre means......I had to laugh. Sorry I made you feel that way....I am sure you are not that at all....at least I do not think so....:) 

I will tell you and all the people reading this that if anyone has any questions about remodeling OLD 1930's River cabins....I am a book of knowledge about it.  This River project has been a long going eventful learning experience for me. I have enjoyed it and sad to think of leaving this dream place with empty pockets and to watch someone else live my dream....but life does HAPPEN. 

I have flipped many houses in my life and do know quite a bit about construction and building. I love creating and FIXING UP run down places. I guess I love the end result which is always a positive thing for me to watch.  This Osage River project was indeed fun to do and at times horrible but a real life learning experience.  I took something that was nothing (literally) and awful (really) and turned it in to a place that the people of the Village of Tuscumbia have thanked me for time after time. Which is something I felt proud about.  I expected to live my retirement years here and be happy ever after so to speak....however, that was not in the stars for me I guess.  Just about the time I felt this way I had to have surgery on my neck (steel plate) which pretty much stopped my "work horse" ability. This was the same time  the economy did a nose dive and people closed their wallets for purchasing real estate.

I since have purchase a "Grandma House" which will be less up keep and less of a  struggle for me to live in during my retirement years and of course  to live in happily ever after....:) It is of course a fixer upper and with me trying to save money I looked up sites on the Internet about "do it your self" things....thus I found this/your neat site. I will be glad to share any knowledge that I might be able to give to  someone with a "VISION" of the end results...call it gift or curse.  Now I feel bad... and questioning if  I am a Ogre? :( Have a wonderful day!

Bev

MountainDon

You're not the typical spammer, Bev. I guess I'm not the typical ogre, either.  :D

I hope you do find a buyer.

NM_Shooter

I've never seen a galvanized ceiling like that before.  I like it!
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

redhead101551

Thank you.  I does look really good used in ceiling applications.  I have used it a lot in the remodeling business.  I is easy to install and gives the place an old look. Plus is is fairly inexpensive. I have even used rusty old tin and looks great too...but I like old rusty things  and antiques.

glenn kangiser

Very nice cabin -looked at one- Bev.  w* to the forum.

...and it is true - we have no problem with active members putting their land for sale in the land section.  Nice work on the remodels.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

redhead101551

Thanks....I enjoyed ever minute of this project.  Started out  by taking shovels and cleaning out the crap....bobcats to clean the yards and chain saws cutting out the interiors...the rest is history!  Top to bottom remodeling and wow lots of work!  It shows....thanks for looking.
Have a great day!
Bev

redhead101551

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone has gotten through the winter ok. 

Update for everything that was kind enough to look at the virtual tour of my four cabins on the Osage River in Central Missouri. My Osage River retreat has not sold and  the price is slashed again....now $189,900. Dang it! the cabins appraised at $297,000....that is a big OUCH! for me.  Lesson well learned  for  all my hard work and blood, sweat and tears spent on this wonderful historical property.  It was an act or love for me and I had so much fun doing it all and bringing it back to the way it was.  However, it hurts to loss this much money out of my pocket! ??? This is a real steal for that person who is lucky enough to end up with my dream place! Maybe a campground or resort is what you might want.   My neck hurts even more now and the doctor says "sell them" and I am trying hard to do just that.  Sad turn of events with the economy and all  :( but I am not the only one with problems selling or buying for that matter.  I would offer someone who has the cash or some cash the whole place including the extra lots plus nearly all the beautiful furniture and dishes right down to the towels....bring your tooth brush! I can owner finance to the right buyer with enough down.   Can close immediately.

The worst thing I have discovered about all the work involved in  trying  to sell is that people simply can not borrow any money at the banks  right now.  Ones credit has to be spotless and one has to have lots of money in the bank for the down payment.  That is hard to shallow for some great people and especially me. It is real hard for my TYPE A personality to sallow.  That is why I would take a chance on being the banker and financing someone with considerable down payment.  Who wouldn't? Banks have the certainly have the wrong idea lately to try to help the economy.

Hope everyone is doing well and have had a nice winter.  Here in Missouri it has been really cold and lots of snow....eck.  We are spoiled here and not at all use to it.  :(

archimedes

Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough,  and I will move the world.

MountainDon