Small Green Homes

Started by jazpek, December 02, 2008, 09:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazpek

I am very Happy to have stumbled upon this site.  Obviously my lack of technological skills has limited my knowledge base considerably. 
Several years back we under took to develop a small community of like minded individuals whom would choose to live small and green.  We need small green homeowners!  Please come join us.  This is a great area to live and thrive.  We already have two chefs building small.  Great demand exists for the Organic gardeners!

apaknad

welcome jazpek,

i am looking to build somewhere as yet to be determined and would like to know more about this. BTW, i am an organic gardener/good cook among other things. please feel free to reply here or e-mail me . thanx, dan
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

glenn kangiser

Welcome, jazpek. 

Looks like you could offer John's plans there as something for the ones who really want to build small, efficient and eco-friendly and they could save enough on plans to pay for most of their foundation building materials.

Feel free to add a link to them on your site.  http://www.countryplans.com/plans.html
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

jazpek

Hi Dan,
Thanks for your interest.  I can try and answer questions if you would like or you could email me direct with your questions. 
Our goal is affordable green housing.  The website has a bunch of info.  All the lots are set up with Solar Easements.  We have incorporated natural buffers between the homes to preserve the unique coastal environment and allow the indigenous wildlife and plants to remain.  This property interconnects to some great trails for hiking, bird watching and snow shoeing. 
Greenest Regards,
jim

jazpek

Greetings Glenn,
We are favorably impressed with the plans.  Now weI just have to figure out how to get the link updated.  My limited typing skills are far surpassed by my technological ignorance.  ;D
j

jazpek

We have been making some steady progress.  Got the water and utility lines in and 1500 feet of pavement down.  This is an exciting time for us!

cassandra_31

It's not about the size but the people who live.My family and i are living in a small house but i preferred to call it as a home because of the happy things we're sharing to each other.

jazpek

We have made some steady progress since my last post.  Here are a couple pics.

The first set is for a small Cape.  It is undergoing LEED Certification.

Of course now I need to figure out how to Load a pic !

MountainDon

For security reasons it is not possible to upload an image to the forum. What does work though is to have a photo hosting account setuo. Some of us use photobucket.com, There are other services as well.

Once the image is stored on the image server all that remains is to copy the   [IMG} tags and paste that into the message.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Solar Burrito

Quote from: jazpek on April 17, 2010, 05:34:52 AM
We have made some steady progress since my last post.  Here are a couple pics.

The first set is for a small Cape.  It is undergoing LEED Certification.

Did you say you had a website? What's the link?
Small Shelters, Off Grid Living, and Other Neat Stuff http://solarburrito.com

riverbrooke

Quote from: Solar Burrito on May 19, 2010, 10:44:47 PM
Quote from: jazpek on April 17, 2010, 05:34:52 AM
We have made some steady progress since my last post.  Here are a couple pics.

The first set is for a small Cape.  It is undergoing LEED Certification.

Did you say you had a website? What's the link? Dfw real estate

I would like to know more about small Cape. Did you find
a website where I could find out more. Is there someone
I could email some questions?