Vintage Work Truck Fleet

Started by MountainDon, September 20, 2015, 08:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Adam Roby

I love old trucks... I'd be scared of using them for work though, not that they can't perform but I've seen first hand how employees treat their work trucks and it ain't pretty. 

rick91351

WOW I love those trucks.  But for work not!  No air! Heat in some of those was pretty questionable though landscaping in most areas is seasonable.  Windshield wipers and brakes and such were never the best.  Not to mention safety restraints for your crews.  I had first hand experience with some of those models!   They might be okay for the boss and the bosses sons provided they 'buy into the love required' aspect of them.

We did have one landscaping company that was all one big huge LDS family I knew.  They were all family and all were working together all the time.  All seemed to be part of the business plan.  They soon sprouted out into other businesses.  They even bought a construction company with all the trucks and heavy equipment.  Later came back and bought the ready mix company I used to work for.  Now they might have been able to do it and understand the importance of the nice looking old trucks - but around here your usual day labor guys could care less.         
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.