3D Home Architect Deluxe -  For Sale

Started by conohawk, April 13, 2005, 09:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conohawk

Cleaning out my old Windows CDROMs (haven't used Windows in years, thank goodness).  I found this, which might be of interest to some of you folks:

3D Home Architect Deluxe

Reply here if interested.

Chuckca

conohawk

QuoteIs it compat with OSX?

Nope.  It is written for the Windows "operating system".   OSX is a real operating system (based on good 'ol UNIX).  

On the other hand, Windows is a collection of partially debugged device drivers, wrapped in marketing (to paraphrase and extend what Netscape founder Marc Andreessen said a while back).

jraabe

Which brings up the question, does 3DHA run on one of the Windows emulators? Both the Mac OS and Linux have these but I don't know anyone who is running such a system.

I do know that 3DHA is not too challenging to the system as it was written in 1999.

conohawk

QuoteWhich brings up the question, does 3DHA run on one of the Windows emulators? Both the Mac OS and Linux have these but I don't know anyone who is running such a system.

I do know that 3DHA is not too challenging to the system as it was written in 1999.

Let me try it out using the Windows emulator (WINE) on Linux.  Will report back (maybe even this afternoon).

conohawk

QuoteWhich brings up the question, does 3DHA run on one of the Windows emulators? Both the Mac OS and Linux have these but I don't know anyone who is running such a system.

I haven't put it through its paces, but the system installed and seems to be running normally using WINE on Linux.  See a screenshot, below.

jraabe

Interesting. Thanks for the research Conohawk.

I wouldn't be surprised if it could run on a newer Mac with Windows emulation as well.

hobbiest

You haven't said how much.  Windows XP will run it right (just to make sure!)?

conohawk

QuoteYou haven't said how much.  Windows XP will run it right (just to make sure!)?

I had no idea of the value.   Based on the response on this board for the item, I 'd say it's worth very little.   :-)

In truth, this old version dates from 1997.  If I were you, I'd find something a bit newer.

glenn-k

3DHA Version 3.0 was being sold at Planet CD rom for $5.95 S&H and is the one John recommends as far as value goes.  He indicated most later changes were not improvements and maybe reduced some functionality.

I have it already, but what version was yours, Conohawk ???

conohawk

Quote3DHA Version 3.0 was being sold at Planet CD rom for $5.95 S&H and is the one John recommends as far as value goes.  He indicated most later changes were not improvements and maybe reduced some functionality.

I have it already, but what version was yours, Conohawk ???

It is version 2.1.