Asking for your thoughts and prayers

Started by rick91351, July 18, 2014, 11:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick91351

Our daughter went in for a surgical procedure this morning. She has had the excruciating facial pain for a while now. They are going to put some insulation between a nerve and a blood vessel.  Problem is it is located in her brain not in the face.  Hopefully - prayerfully she will return to her old self and be without this pain.... Appreciate all the prayers we can muster for a successful operation - and a quick recovery without any complications. Hey if you're not the praying type she will sure take all the good thoughts & good will toward her as well.

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

ColchesterCabin

Good luck and both lots of thoughts and prayers from here are with you!
Visit my thread would love to have your input http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=12139.0
Feel free to visit my Photobuckect album of all pictures related to this build http://s1156.photobucket.com/albums/p566/ColchesterCabin/

Adam Roby

I am wishing her a speedy and successful recovery, best of luck!

firefox

Here is wishing her a quick and painless recovery! keep your thoughts positive
and she will sense it. You would be surprised how much this helps.
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

hpinson

Best wishes for her Rick. Is it Guillain Barre Syndrome? I have several friends with that, and I guess the nerve pain is really quite intolerable.  From what they tell me, I can see how an operation that offers some relief could be a very good thing.

rick91351

Ellen went to Boise to watch the grandkids I stayed here with the dogs and cat a worked some on the house.....  Our daughters husband is spending the night up in the room at the hospital..... She went through the operation very well. Dr. found three veins wrapped around the nerve. Cut and cauterized them and insulated the nerve to the brain stem. Said she might have lost a teaspoon full of blood. Doctor asked that we not stop praying.....  I do believe it is Guillain Barre I can not remember her telling me for sure.  I talked to her on the phone tonight she sounded so weak and out of it........  Sort of reminded me of some of my first couple days of recovery......   :D   Something I know way to well.  I have been so busted up....  They are very watchful for MRSA as we almost lost her after a C section.  So far all the blood scans coming back clean..... 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

rick91351

Our daughter was released from the hospital two day a head of schedule. 

I finally nailed down a name for what the heck it is and was.  Trigeminal neuralgia 

Trigeminal neuralgia

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/trigeminal-neuralgia/basics/definition/CON-20043802

We sure wish to thank everyone that was concerned...

Rick

hpinson

That is exactly what my friends have - in their cases trigeminal neuralgia caused by, they think Guillain Barre Syndrome -- a Herpes virus invades a facial nerve, and causes extreme pain, sometimes partial paralysis of the face, and other problems.  I know three people with it and in one case, my friends daughter who was 17 at the time, and traveling in Africa, caused along with the pain, a temporary blindness in one eye, which thankfully she has fully recovered from-- that blindness is very rare I understand, they pain is the most common thing.  Cold seems to make it worse for all of them.

I hope she fully recovers, and quickly.

MountainDon

Sorry I/we were away...  Best wishes for a full recovery
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

waterbug

Great news - glad your daughter is doing better.

Gary O

Thoughts are with you and yours, Rick.
Glad to see you travelin' down the good news road.
All the best, to the best.
Keep on keepin' on.
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson