What roof pitch is this? (photo)

Started by maggiethecat, March 26, 2021, 10:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggiethecat

Hi, I'm not sure anyone can tell from this picture, but what roof pitch is this? It seems to be standard for the area.

Decorate your cabin/house/castle/compound/hellhole with original modern ART!

Redoverfarm

Really difficult to figure without some dimensions to go by.  Just a "swag" that it is somewhere around 4/12-5/12.

maggiethecat

Quote from: Redoverfarm on March 26, 2021, 10:53:29 AM
Really difficult to figure without some dimensions to go by.  Just a "swag" that it is somewhere around 4/12-5/12.

Hi! I went into PS and measured it. What do you think? Measurements are in inches.

Nate R

50 rise over 100 span to ridge would indicate 6/12, but that doesn't seem right. It doesn't look that steep to me. 4/12 or 5/12, yeah.

Redoverfarm

The span to the ridge would be more than 1/2 of the building width.  If you took that length and lowered it to the width it would exceed the length considerably more that 100 ft.  If you are correct in those measurement it would be 4.37/12.  A little something to play with.  Blocklayer.com

maggiethecat

Ooops that "100" was meant to be 112, all measurements are in inches BTW

Don_P

Holding a protractor on the screen it looks like a 6/12 which would agree with 50 rise/100 run

JRR

Quote from: maggietoh on March 26, 2021, 02:33:55 PM
Ooops that "100" was meant to be 112, all measurements are in inches BTW

(Trying to keep Pythagoras happy!)  I'm having a Senior Day.  Yes, that makes sense.