Happy New Year!!

Started by MountainDon, January 01, 2015, 12:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Happy New Year everyone from the Jemez!!  We have 6 inches of snow and expect 2 to 4 more overnight. 
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Happy New Year!! From Prairie, Idaho to all our friends we have electronically met here over the years.

It is -1 F and about a foot of snow.  Winds have been very calm (no drifting out on the prairie to speak of) Our water year looks very good - lots and lots of rain.  Ground was very saturated when the snow started.  Good thing it was rain or we would be looking at about four foot of snow...... 

rlr
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MushCreek

Happy New Year from upstate South Carolina! Weather is nice today- about 52 F and sunny. Sure is nice to have heat and insulation- last year, we huddled in the basement with a space heater!
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

Don_P

Happy New Year from the VA Blue Ridge! It's about 20 degrees and looking at a beautiful day. Threw another log on the fire and having a liesure breakfast before going to trim out the wife's office in town. It should be an easy day, she's got heat  :)

astidham

Happy New year from north east oklahoma!
We have a high of 33 today... got the pellet stove roaring.
c*,
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

John Raabe

Happy New Year from Hilo, HI. I don't think I'll give a weather report :-[
None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

We hit 25 F today. The high. 13 F was the low. Now enough snow to drag the truck diff through. We moved the Tacoma to the down slope developed parking at our friends and snow-shoewd back as there will likely be more snow tonight. This is actually great! We need the moisture. Cut dead and unwanted trees. Have had several nice fires to burn the trash trees.

Enjoy it while you can John!   :)

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Low of zero and a high of 14......

About to O D on college ball today.  I did wonder out long enough to take a few photos.  Very good New Years Day!!!

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

flyingvan

The lake froze over.  Somebody launched their boat and played ice breaker all day for some reason, then it all re-froze last night.  11 degrees F this morning  (-12C)
Find what you love and let it kill you.

UK4X4

Happy new year to all from Poole UK !

May the coming weeks bring you hammers that miss your fingers, electrical sockets that don't spark and ladders that allow for being crooked, off center and not secured to stay safe and upright  !