When you are outfished by a 4 year old

Started by Windpower, June 12, 2011, 07:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

I took my grandson fishing

he caught 2 blue gills before I even cast out

then he caught this all by himself --baited the hook, cast out and reeled in his 3 pound largemouth

he was very proud

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

dug

Good job! The kids hooked on fishing forever now.  [cool]

Windpower

It was a really fun day in spite of the drizzly 52 degree weather

he is a typical(?) 4 YO picky eater but he ate 2 cheese burgers saturday with fries and several glasses of milk -- getting him away from the DVD's and video games seems to agree with him

he lives in northern MI (literally walking distance to Lake Huron)  so he has virtually unlimited oportunities to go fishing   

Danfish

:)As a retired fishing guide I can't tell you how great it is to see youth involved in the sport!  Unfortunately it is rare these days...great opportunity to learn about nature and managing the impacts of mankind.  Keep him involved!!!

StinkerBell

Native_NM

A "bad day" getting outfished by a 4 year old is better than just about any good day I could think of. 
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

muldoon

I'll take a day of getting outfished by a six year old over any day at work. 

Windpower

[cool]

Nice one, muldoon

The grand kid called gramma and wondered if 'pa' was around and were we coming up to see him soon

kids and fishing is a natural thing -- as good as it gets

rwanders

:)
Good looking fish and even better looking Grandson.

One to be proud of, Windpower!

p.s.  Looks like the little guy is a lefty----that his granddad's doing?

p.p.s.  Just kidding, Wind---thanks for reminding us of what's really important in life.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

glenn kangiser

Cool...

My granddad bought me a fishing pole to bribe me into going to school.  I had a mean teacher, but looking back she taught me more than most of the rest combined.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Windpower

sounds like you had pragmatic grandfather, Glenn

fortunately the kid loves school so far

glenn kangiser

Yes.  For what I got to know of him.  He passed on when I was 12.

Before that he taught us grand-kids how to peel chittum.... (cascara bark) and chop it to get the most when taking it in to the buyer... he made a chopper from an old reel type lawn mower.  He may have taught us not to stick our fingers in our mouth after peeling it too.... [waiting]

He took us on his trap line and had us carry a Bobcat out of the woods on a carrier made from a limb...
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Windpower

He may have taught us not to stick our fingers in our mouth after peeling it too....

[rofl2]