Hanover gets the girls ready for race day..Does that vest say She Riff ?

Started by peternap, April 28, 2009, 07:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

;D ;D ;D ;D

http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/hanover-gets-the-girls-ready-for-race-day/

This weekend is race weekend at RIR. It is dreaded by most of Hanover because of the gridlock caused by thousands of race fans.

While The Henrico Police do their fair share of making traffic worse, The Hanover Sheriff's Department are experts at snarling traffic.

Pictures show a Veteran Deputy, training some of the wannabees how to tangle traffic, irritate everyone and generally make a nuisance of themselves.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Yes it always helps to park your cruiser in a lane rather than off the road.  That was a pet pieve of mine with emergency responders.  "Two Lanes and we got two ambulances/firetrucks lets park one in each lane".  Most usually forget their brains at the station before they respond. In a heavy populated area it only takes a matter of seconds to screw up miles of traffic.   I am happy now that I only have three stoplights for the whole county.   

peternap

Quote from: Redoverfarm on April 28, 2009, 02:54:08 PM
Yes it always helps to park your cruiser in a lane rather than off the road.  That was a pet pieve of mine with emergency responders.  "Two Lanes and we got two ambulances/firetrucks lets park one in each lane".  Most usually forget their brains at the station before they respond. In a heavy populated area it only takes a matter of seconds to screw up miles of traffic.   I am happy now that I only have three stoplights for the whole county.   

It's a nightmare Redover. On Friday morning, 110,000 people will drive to the RIR track from all over the country. The roads here can barely handle daily traffic. I'm usually at the farm but this weekend I have to stay here.

I will be landlocked. It's either walk or chance the motorcycle in the utility easements. Driving is impossible.

The police would be a lot better off sitting it out. They just make it worse.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

G/L Peter. Stock up on whatever you need and sit it out.

I stopped going to race and other events like that years ago... too darn many people to deal with.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.