A New Start to a old build.

Started by schiada, August 25, 2013, 07:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schiada

Hello. Long story ,right rotator cuff,rehav , then the left rotator. Now more rehav. On the mends now and restarting a 20' x 32' 1 1/2 story.
Still clearing the pad but will hope to get back up to speed soon.
Randy

Don_P

Oww d* I'm a year and a half out of the right and trying to ignore the crunching in the left. Take it slow, they sure aren't as strong as they used to be and you tore them out. I hired three young bucks to do the heavy lifting on some roof work last week... and I still think the bus tagged me on the way by  :D Those aren't ferns, where is it?

MountainDon

schiada, best of fortune on heeling those injuries.

looks the the SW desert to me :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

schiada

Thanks getting better every day. :P
Yes,Wilhoit AZ.
Randy

upndown

Hello Neighbor..Well kinda. Glad to hear you're on the mend! I also had some health issues after I bought my place in Peeples Valley, Mine is a small remodel but mainly a facelift. Now it seems I enjoy the simpler things in life, like sitting on the front porch or by the fire pit haha.

I wish you the best and keep chugging along!

Louie

schiada

Thanks Louie.

Shame about the fire.

Don't think Yarnell will ever be the same? And the Team was to young for that to happen.

Going up the the lot to have a look/see on Sat. Hope its still their! :P
Randy

upndown

Oh I bet it's still waiting on you..haha. I've been up there a few times since the fire. I checked on a few people I have met in Yarnell some got lucky, some not..Just heartbreaking to help someone sift thru ashes to find some memories! WE All lost so much that day.

I will be heading up Sat. or Sun. myself.. Good luck and if nothing else enjoy the scenery!

Louie

schiada

Hello all ! I'm back at it. Just got my Grading Permit ( a little bit of a pain but its all good). Will start on Thursday and have a bigger machine coming to do the job. My 35Hp. was not going fast enough. d*  And the big one comes with a pro !

Will be making a cut in the 600 cubic yard ranger. The pro said about 3 to 4 days +-. Will take my tractor to help out and maybe get a lesson or two ? Hope,hope ?

Here is a photo of the cut.

Packing things up and will be on my way !
Randy

schiada

Well the dirt is removed ! It was alot of work but now on to what will be installed ?

Randy

schiada

schiada

I will need to have a lockup for the stuff to start the building. This is what I came up with. 20' storage box and my tractor fits !

Hope this will keep the stuff safe.And the best part is I don't need to trailer it up each time I need to use it !
Randy

schiada

New door all fabed up and installed. Just need to finish the bolts and some hangers for tools and a work bench. Cool.

Also some paint. Then with luck move up to the build site ?+- LOL Maybe Next monday.

Randy

schiada

Ready and open for building !

This will house the equipment and tractor for the clearing. Along with some supplies. Later we will move to the pad site to build some parts out of the weather if needed.
Randy

Don_P

Makin progress. Sweet looking door, I'm almost there on an insulated reefer box I'm building, any chance you got a pic of the hinges and latch?

schiada

Don,I will take some the next time I'm up their.

schiada

Back at it again.

Needed a place to plan from and decided that leaving the slide-in up their made the most since. Built a 4' x 8' stand and set it down .

It was a very long day ! Just look at that old guy.

Now Sue and I will just go up and think about what I'm doing ?    d*

Don, I will get the photos for you , sorry for not remembering.

Randy

Don_P

Looking good  :)
[cool], I knew that project had a ready made excuse... I do need to get back at it.
shoulda done both my shoulders back then, real hard to get excited about it now  :P

Rys

Looking forward to watching your progress!
We're still in the planning stage. Love getting ideas and insight from others.

schiada

I will give it my best !

Don_P

Thinkin ahead while looking behind. Looking back at reply #9, the steep roof, the rafter tie is up about halfway up the roof height, they limit to 1/3 height typically and then it goes to a ridgebeam setup with the ridgebeam sized to carry half of that section's roof load. The rafters then hang off the ridge and there is not horizontal thrust on the tie, which becomes optional then, or on the raised kneewalls. Anyway more to ponder. Another day in an attic, hopefully the clouds will stay put  :D!

schiada

Hello all ! I'm back at it again. Life got in the way. Sue is light one kidney and then their was this broke foot thing ! LOL Hope we can keep things together long enough to finish ?

First let me say I hope "Photobucket" goes out of business ! What a bunch of dicks !

So I will be posting some old photos and some new (with luck).

So we needed to move the slid-in to lay the drain tubing. Its moved and the tractor has been moved back up to the lot. Now on to some trenching.

hpinson

schiada

Thanks.

If their are other photos from the text in the posts just let me know and I will try to find them.

But I still hate PhotoBucket !  >:(

schiada

Well its been some time now. But I'm back at it. Had to move the camper so I can get started (re-started ) on the pad for the house. d*