volks cabin roof pitch

Started by jtc, March 23, 2022, 08:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtc

does anybody know what the roof pitch is of the volks cabin

maggiethecat

6/12 on the house, 9/12 on the porch.
Decorate your cabin/house/castle/compound/hellhole with original modern ART!

jtc

thank you and is there a way to increase it?

maggiethecat

Well the plans call for manufactured trusses so you could just tell the truss company that you want a steeper pitch.

But I can't think of a reason to do that, I think it would look a bit odd.
Decorate your cabin/house/castle/compound/hellhole with original modern ART!

jtc

SNOW. i do not want to have to clean Snow off my roof anymore. it gets harder every year. as for looks it only has to please me. also for any other to see it, its a 1000ft off the pavement and 200 ft. into the wood. i am looking for functionality. also something i can build. thanks.

Don_P

The porch valleys are snow catchers. At 6/12 and 9/12 the valley is running around 5/12.
If both are 12/12's the valley pitch is closing in on 9/12, its still a valley as far as holding snow.

At that pitch, especially if you have them launch the top chords of the truss from out at the overhang edge rather than the wall line, they could make a room in the truss around 16' wide. Play with the porch roof and it opens up more room and light up there, but then, Ma might move in.

jtc

thanks, once i get the plans delivered ill take them to my truss builder and see what he has to say or can design. they also make a room truss like you mentioned for a 12ft wide room into attic space. with a 12x12 pitch which would give me a nearly full upstairs loft. and still have my cathedral ceiling in living room. as for plans change right now we are not going to build the master bed room on the left side of the house. we are going to put a carport there. with access to the bathroom and hall into the kitchen. so two doors in left side of house. 
but otherwise will be sticking to plan mostly. :)