$%^^&&*( Truck

Started by peternap, May 22, 2009, 08:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I thought I had the truck problem solved..It cut off once yesterday

I don't think it's the PMD (Fuel solenoid because it comes and goes now but since there's no test for it, it could be)

I'm thinking it's the lift pump. The problem I have is that the classic test is to open the water drain at idle and if you get fuel, it's OK. If you get no fuel and the engine quits after 30 seconds or so, it's not OK.

If not OK, it could also be the oil pressure switch..

I opened the valve, no fuel but the engine didn't die. I took the valve apart and ran a wire clear to the bowel and had fuel on the wire. Started the truck with the vaalve disassembled....no fuel....no cutoff >:(

I crawled under the truck while it was running and it didn't feel like the pump was vibrating but it's hard to tell with the engine running. I had Jane cut the truck off while I was holding the pump (It should run for a few seconds on it's own until the oil pressure drops) nothing.

I had her turn the key to on...nothing.

I don't have time this weekend (Got to fertilize the corn and feed the bears) but on Monday, I'll short the OPS wires while the truck is off and see if it pumps fuel through the filter bleeder valve.

This ain't fun! >:( >:( >:(
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

all best on this Peter...
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

What truck, year, model is this?  What's it doing?
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.