"growing" impatient

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, April 16, 2008, 04:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Glad everything came out OK, Homey. hmm  :)

You were in our thoughts.  Get your rest and post when you can.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

Congratulations HG!  :) Even if I was wrong about my guess.  d*

gandalfthegrey

Congratulations. We are happy for your new addition. :)
Bad Wolf

Homegrown Tomatoes

OK, let me try to remember how to post a picture or two...

http://

Homegrown Tomatoes

Again, she is fussing for something to eat, or maybe she just wants me to hold her, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the prayers and the congratulations.  Let me just say that the way everything worked out was completely by the grace of God.  We got a call at 5:45 in the morning on Thursday to come in for an induction (so that it wouldn't be a total stranger, and a guy at that, delivering the baby.)  Things were kind of slow at the hospital because they had so many deliveries going on when  I got there (all the docs trying to get out of town for the holiday weekend.)  Anyway, they had barely even started a pitocin drip when things really took off (and I mean barely... they had the lowest dose possible going.)  My water broke and within a minute or two (OK, maybe six, because I had a total of three contractions before I was complete and ready to push) I had DH call mom and the kids and tell them they'd best get down there if they wanted to get there in time for the baby to be born... well, they'd only made it a block or two from the house before she was born.  The doc, med student, and nurses were down the hall trying to convince a woman on stadol and an epidural that she could in fact go through with childbirth, and things progressed really fast in my room where I went from reading a book to ordering my husband around ("rub my feet, no! my back, fan! fan!") and after the third such contraction, I told him, "Call the nurse now because I need to push this baby out!"  he looked at me like I was nuts, but did exactly as he was told.  The med student and a nurse came hustling in, and the poor med student went pale when the nurse told her to grab and gown and suit up because the doctor hadn't gotten there yet.  They didn't have time to remove the end of the bed or anything... the med student sat down on the end of the bed (in part, I'm sure, to keep from fainting) and the doctor raced in and coached her through the delivery (which she did almost entirely without help... her first one, and she handled it like a pro even though she was scared to death.)  In less than five minutes, Sylvia was out...and all without the unnecessary interventions that they had planned on doing (they had all the internal monitors out and ready to use, but never got a chance, ha ha!)  It was the best labor and delivery yet, even though she was the biggest of my girls... and the doc and nurses were all in shock that not only did I not have anything for pain, I didn't even have a chance to holler  or yell at them or anything.  I had such a runner's high that I shook for about three hours after she was born, but then they packed us up and moved us down the hall to one of their cush recovery rooms that is like a swanky hotel room.   ;D  Anyway, Sylvia is healthy and cute and is keeping me from getting any sleep (something she was already doing, anyway.)  Her sisters think she is pretty nifty, although the younger one is still just a little bit disappointed that she wasn't a boy.  I think they would have let me go home with her sooner than 24 hours IF they could have found a doctor to check us all out.  As it was, we didn't get home until yesterday around suppertime.  You can also see the web nursery pictures at saintsok.com in their Joyful Beginnings section.

Redoverfarm

Way to go HT & Sylvia.  How is DW on the ordeal?  It is always good if you don't know what you are having.  Didn't know on any of my four.  Wouldn't have it any other way now.  Hope she doesn't get the days and nights mixed up. Hard to tell for about the first 2-4 weeks as they are up eating most of the time.

CWhite

Congratulations Homegrown....I'm so thrilled for your whole family.  A warm welcome to Sylvia.
Christina

Homegrown Tomatoes

Wow, last night she slept really well.  She slept three hours and then woke up to eat and squawk at me, and then she went back to sleep for four hours, which is great for a 2-day old breastfed baby.  I'm also feeling great... I won't be running a marathon this week, but am definitely up for a good long walk with DH and the kids. c*  DH has been great at helping me around the house and cooking.  Today he is making meokkuk (Korean seaweed soup), which Korean women have to eat for a month after giving birth.  We'll just have it for a day or two because his mom chewed him out on the phone the other day when she found out he hadn't made any yet.  It is good, but don't think I'd really wanna eat it for a month!  The seaweed acts as an anti-coagulant, so there actually is a good reason to eat it after giving birth as it can prevent blood clots. 

In other good news, I stepped on the scale to find out that I weigh a little less than I did before getting pregnant...woohoo! 

If you want to see any more pics, DH has posted some at: http://homegrowntomatoes.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!40738DEF940814BD!594/

Sassy

Lots of cute pix!  She's gonna get a lot of love, looks like  :)  Congrats on the weight loss - doesn't happen too often after childbirth that you weigh less  8)  Sounds like things are going well...
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

StinkerBell

peternap

Just got back from the farm....

C O N G R  A  T  U  L   A   T   I   O   N    S

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

sparks

Very Good News HG. Hope you, baby, and family are doing well!!   *flowers*

Sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Homegrown Tomatoes

;D  we're all doing great, thanks.  She is a really good baby, which makes it even better. 

Homegrown Tomatoes

The other night my oldest was holding the baby and was asking about why her umbilical cord hadn't fallen off yet and so forth, and I told her it was because she was still a newborn.  She thought about it for a little while and said, "Well...when it falls off, does that mean she's an old-born?"

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.