Simpler Times

Started by peternap, December 20, 2011, 09:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I had to go to the Valley yesterday, for a ceremony the Bar was having to honor Dad.

I left early so I could spend some time with some Mennonite friends beforehand.

We were talking about our fathers and Barbara Martin/Shank, told a story about the posthole digger her father made and used. Her Husband frowned and called it a "Thumper".

I made the comment that those were simpler times I wish I could go back to.

Barbra smiled and reminded me that her father spent a great deal of time complaining about how complicated things had gotten, and he wished he could do things like his father. c*
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

henderson

Make you thank if all the technoligy is worth it. Always tring to keep up insted of enjoying the worlds beauty. ???

Redoverfarm

Quote from: peternap on December 20, 2011, 09:58:34 AM
I had to go to the Valley yesterday, for a ceremony the Bar was having to honor Dad.

I left early so I could spend some time with some Mennonite friends beforehand.

We were talking about our fathers and Barbara Martin/Shank, told a story about the posthole digger her father made and used. Her Husband frowned and called it a "Thumper".

I made the comment that those were simpler times I wish I could go back to.

Barbra smiled and reminded me that her father spent a great deal of time complaining about how complicated things had gotten, and he wished he could do things like his father. c*

Wish I had known Peter as I was there also yesterday.