22x24 cabin in Missouri by Lurker

Started by MoCabin, February 06, 2012, 10:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoCabin

I have a question about installing a well, but thought I would post a few pictures of a cabin I have been building in Missouri just south of Warsaw ( I hope to post...). Just to let you know I came upon this website during my planning stages for my cabin. It is built on 62 acres, primarily used for deer and turkey hunting, although I have just had an acre pond built to stock and eventually fish in. We don't plan on it being a retirement place as my wife is a city girl, but it is my primary get-away, and she likes it too for short intervals! More now that I have a flush toilet... Next step is a well which leads to my question. I have had a couple of bids and it looks like it is going to run around $6000 (it needs to go almost 300 ft deep), including everything to get the water to the cabin. I had planned on building a well house, but was wondering what, if any, drawbacks there is to just having the pressure tank inside the cabin instead of in the well house. When I built the bathroom I insulated all the walls, floor and ceiling with the intention of just heating the bathroom when I was gone, and not the whole cabin. I currently have a water system similar to a camper (50gal holding tank, pump, small hot water heater) and black/grey water goes out to a small septic pond. So I have room in the bathroom to put the pressure tank and associated piping in the bathroom, thinking that I could continue to just heat it when I am gone in the winter.  I mean if I am heating the bathroom anyway, what is the benefit to heating the well house too? It is only about 2 hrs away and I get down there one or two wkends a month on the average. Anyway, thoughts?

piers and beams

starting on the main floor

inside rooms framed, loft and starting on rafters

front porch and roof on

shot of inside loft, electrical in and some insulation

closed in, wood stove in and ready for hunting season

kitchen and bathroom starting to take shape

couple of years later