Fortune cookie fun

Started by Sonoran, December 18, 2008, 01:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonoran

Hey everyone,

My wife and I went and had Chinese food tonight.  We have a tradition that we follow concerning fortune cookies.   When we get our fortunes, we read them to each other and at the end we add "in bed".  Depending on where you are, or who your with, you may not want to add the end part, but if the other person you're with knows the joke, you don't necessarily have to say it.

So, you may be wondering, what did my fortune say tonight?

Here it is:  "You are a bundle of energy, always on the go."

If anyone eats Chinese food in the future be sure to share your fortune!
Individuality: You are all unique, just like everybody else.

glenn kangiser

Interesting, Sonoran. 

In the old days my third cousin who has since passed on, was a young girl around 1910 and since there was no entertainment except the bands or piano playing etc and home dances  so she used to get to stay up late to play the piano for her parents dances. 

She thought it funny that even in the old days she remembered her parents and their friends singing a song called "I'll be missing you tonight" - and they added the words, "Between the sheets."  She was in her 80's when she told us this.  She was a bit of a rascal herself.  A fun old gal.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.