Update: 20x40 1.5 story in SE Alaska

Started by MelFol, October 26, 2011, 11:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelFol

Our previous thread....   http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10054.msg128599#msg128599

A second summer of progress on the cabin is behind us.  We left California in late April with a travel trailer loaded with various building supplies, doors, all our appliances,  two kayaks, two bicycles, and 700 lbs of windows.

The summer of 2011 I was able to complete 95+% of the wiring, plumbing, and insulation.  The stairway to the loft is in. All the drywall is hung but no tape yet. The remaining five windows facing the river are installed.  I added a porch roof over the two entries and ran a water line from the well.  Unlike last year when our attention had to be focused to get the cabin dried-in before winter, we took a bit of time here and there this year to go fishing or kayaking. We also had three grandsons, all ten years old, up for two weeks of experiencing remote Alaska. My biggest complaint: Working mostly alone is slow going.  Next summer we hope to live in the cabin (instead of hauling up the travel trailer) while we work on finishing details.