Mouse calibre revolvers -- Anyone carry one of these

Started by Windpower, February 13, 2012, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Quote from: OlJarhead on February 15, 2012, 09:32:11 AM
Interesting NM...my Kimber fires them hot, cold and wet (that sounds bad)  d*

The advantage of carrying it to the cabin every time in all seasons is that you get to know it well :)  Specially since I went twice a month for over 2 years!  Never had it not do what it was supposed to do.

That's another reason I prefer my revolvers OJ. My 1911's are as reliable as any semi made but not with extreme loads.
I can load my 44's ultra hot,squib, shot, wide meplat, Hard Cast Keith, hollow point, anything that I put in them will feed and extract.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

NM_Shooter

I have a Kimber Gold match II in stainless that has been ro-barred and modified.  It also functions all the time.

It is just too dang big for a CCW piece.  I have not given it the freezer test.....
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

OlJarhead

Peternap I love my Ruger Vaquero for that reason.  It's the older (heavier) model that was also made in .44 mag and can take any load I'm not afraid to shoot out of it!

NMshooter I LOVE my Kimber :D  I've shot it in 10 degree weather with snow all around testing loads and it never missed a beat!  It's the Custom TLE II with nothing done to it.  Only problem I have is that my eyes are making it more difficult to shoot accurately then my wheel gun which for some odd reason I seem to shoot better!  Go figure.  d*