Crap, I'm selling a house!

Started by OlJarhead, March 20, 2015, 08:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Oh lord this is getting tiring! LOL  d* d* d*

:o :o

My wife has been in our home for 24 years....I joined her 12 years ago...that means we have a lot of Shite!  So ya, we're trying our darndest to get stuff out of the house and into storage while figuring out what we have to fix, should fix and might fix....and we'd like to have it done a month ago! LOL

Came back from Italy with a little over two weeks before my wife starts her new job in the town I'm working in (and presently commuting the 80 miles to and from daily) so we're in full "let sell, buy and move" mode.

Gettin' tired I say!

rick91351

Good news!!  But if you are like most people bet you don't know what you really have until you make the move....
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MushCreek

We went through that 1-1/2 years ago. Everything is still in the barn, waiting for me to get the house done. Then we have to go through all the stuff to see what works in the new house, and what doesn't. So the job is only half done.... Good luck!
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

rick91351

Quote from: MushCreek on March 21, 2015, 05:18:42 AM
We went through that 1-1/2 years ago. Everything is still in the barn, waiting for me to get the house done. Then we have to go through all the stuff to see what works in the new house, and what doesn't. So the job is only half done.... Good luck!

With us, it was losing both our folks and taking in a lot more stuff.  My dad had a large shop full of hand tools and farm and ranch stuff.  Then soon after that, selling our acreage we had live at for about twenty five years.  Lots of farm and ranch stuff there plus house stuff and we filled the shop up plus two storage units.  Then built a house half as small as we had.  We are slowly clearing out storage units.  Thursday thought I would empty one out.  Had to good down to the Valley anyway.  Went down and loaded a load and while making a dent in it. It will take another trip.  I mean we have stuff...... ;)   Lots of stuff   ;) ;)  outside stuff then there is the inside stuff.....   d* d*  Do need to get it all sorted out this summer and then start disbursing it to the family. Then what is left-over, consignment houses and auction houses will be our main focus.

So OJ sure don't envy you. Moving is such a load of work and then there is the time issue hanging over you.   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Gary O

I know this one.

Just constantly mosey and putter, fixing and moving things.

Fore ya know it, that 'selling the house' thing goes away.

......aaand, you found a bunch of stuff you thought yer kids took.
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson