40' or 45' HC containers?

Started by firefox, August 02, 2011, 08:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefox

I am thinking of getting some containers and need to know
who in the SF Bay area is a reasonable person to deal with.
I would like to get 2 new 40' or 45' HC containers, but I suspect
that they would be out of my price range. I have no idea as to
what is a good price or a rip off for either new or used reconditioned
containers.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

StinkerBell

I will sell you mine. She is a 40 HC...Painted inside and mostly outside. But she is located in Round Rock Texas.

They go for 1500 to 4500 depending on condition. Mine is in rather good condition with no leaks and just a few tiny dents. Remember when empty a 40 HC weighs 8000 to 8800 pounds of dead weight.

firefox

Thanks Stink!!!
Transportation will be a problem just getting it relocated to Eureka,NV.
I take it that the 4500 is for a good reconditioned one and not a new one?
I am hoping maybe Glenn will know the right people to contact, so that I don't get ripped off.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

RIjake

I bought a 20 footer a few months ago.  One thing that I learned is you have to buy these things local.  Shipping is a deal breaker.  Sorry I can't help you with a contact for the left coast.

firefox

Thanks, yea I know about shipping.
That is going to be rough.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

rick91351

Did you check with anyone in Reno or Salt Lake City yet? 

Cheapest transport would be finding someone that needed a backhaul with a flat bed and would go US 50.  Then there is the need to get a fork lift ready and get that puppy off and the trucker gone with fuel money and little for his time in his pocket.  Hi-cube you would need someone with a drop deck this lessens the options greatly.

Boise area for a business I was in we used http://www.comptontransfer.com/  for drayage.  They sold containers and I notice they have a spot on their web site.  They deliver and set up.  Might not hurt to give them a call.  Especially in your location.  If you want let me know if they are interested in doing business and I could run down and look it over for you before it ships.

You are kind of like in the middle of Nevada and the middle of the west and have to go a long way to get no where.  I have always wanted to make that drive.  Put an audio book on and just drive....               

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

firefox

Thank you very much!!!
I'll check them out.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

StinkerBell

I paid 4k for mine (too much in retrospect) I have put a good amount of effort and paint into her to prettier her up. I have seen on ebay a nice never used 20 for 3500 plus shipping. I think it just depends.  I am going to have to drop my price soon because I have to get mine out my yard. I am going to lose alot of money and I aint happy about that. BUT it has been a learning experience and I know now what I specifically want to do next time.....yes there will be a next time!

firefox

I take it you are being harassed by the zoning czars.
That is the main reason I am moving to avoid that insanity.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

firefox

Hey Stink,
 If you can do the ground work to find someone who will ship
yours to Eureka NV, so that the combined cost to me is aprox.
5k, ( container + shipping ) we might have a deal. I will have to confirm that I can find
some one local that can offload it off of a flatbed.

I have no idea as to whether my offer is reasonable so don't feel
offended if I am way out of line. I am sort of going by what I can
afford.

If this interests you at all, why don't you send me an email.

Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

peternap

I feel for you both!
I can but two of them delivered for that price.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

firefox

Hi Peter,
You can deliver 2 40' HC containers in good condition to Eureka, NV for 5k?
Somehow I don't think that is what you meant to say.
Please bring me out of my delerious stupor.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

StinkerBell

I have no deisre to try to arrange shipping. I currently have her listed on Craigs list and the Hubs says he has had a few emails asking questions.

firefox

Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

peternap

Quote from: firefox on August 05, 2011, 11:33:53 PM
Hi Peter,
You can deliver 2 40' HC containers in good condition to Eureka, NV for 5k?
Somehow I don't think that is what you meant to say.
Please bring me out of my delerious stupor.
Bruce

Uh...NO Bruce! ???

The place I buy mine from sell the 45's, in excellent condition, painted for $2,300.00, delivered.
I doubt his delivery man goes to NV. ::)
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

firefox

Thanks Peter. I thought it was too good to be true.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

StinkerBell

Lady Steelia was sold to night... I will miss her.

firefox

[cool] I hope you got most of your money back.
Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824