Desert oasis (I hope)

Started by john73738, November 16, 2018, 06:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john73738

So about a year ago my wife and I bought a 6 acre parcel with her brother and his wife in the Arizona desert about 20 minutes from the west rim of the Grand Canyon. I am stoked to build on it and found countryplans.com and really fell in love with the 20x30 1.5 story plan. We plan on putting a cottage compound consisting of 2 main houses with 3-4 small (150 ft2) guest houses and a common room. 

Just wanted to post a message to introduce myself and begin the planning process. We are beginning on the infrastructure (water and sewer) this year and will begin construction next year. I plan on doing 100% owner construction with little or no contractors.

I look forward to learning, picking peoples brains and sharing my own knowledge.

NathanS

Sounds like the start to a great adventure, be sure to take lots of pics and post your progress here.

My wife and I spent a fair amount of time traveling a few years ago. Some of my fondest memories were a camping right on the North Rim of the grand canyon in Kaibab National forest. Look forward to taking my daughter there in a couple years. :)

Welcome to the site.