SIP 1.5 story cottage ?s

Started by jmacfarland, July 27, 2006, 05:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmacfarland

Wondering a couple of things now that we got the plans--which are great. We want to do SIPs over an ICF basement. We'd also like to do a wraparound porch like the Nevada house or Larry's cottage. We like the look of the Nevada cottage a bit better, is the porch a little smaller? Maybe 6' rather than 8?
Anyway, I'm wondering if it's typical to use stud framing attached to the SIP roof for the porch roof or if you use SIPs for the whole thing. If the 12/12 pitch runs all the way down to the balloon-framed walls, I'm wondering where the porch roof will get it's support? Seems like it might be easier to do the porch with sticks, but don't know if this is typical.
Also wondering what the dormer size was on the Nevada cottage. Maybe I need to go to that post and ask. I'll do that too. Thanks,

Jeff

Amanda_931

If you're a family, or want to entertain outside with protection from the rain, for instance on the front porch, consider being able to put a dining table and chairs out there with room to find a seat.  I think that two feet on each side of the table is about minimum.