Temporary Backyard House... thoughts??

Started by Steve_B, February 12, 2013, 02:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_B

Hello All,

I found this awhile back and forgot about it.....

www.panelconcepts.com/economy.htm

It looks to be made pretty well, easy to put together in a weekend, and to some degree allow us to live on site while building the house. I know it does not have a bathroom, but I am thinking a drain and running water could be fed to this in a reasonable fashion with not too much work if it were built on a wood foundation.

After the house is complete, perhaps it becomes a guest house or small cabana??

Any thoughts on this, or a run of the mill Lowe's barn would be better served??

Steve
It's all about the kiddies I tell you...

flyingvan

Steve----At Lake Cuyamaca http://www.lakecuyamaca.org/ where I'm on the Board of Directors we bought three of these from Conestoga Log Homes.     We replaced three RV sites with these, I think we bought the 10x14's if memory serves.  They rent solid.  They've been in a few years now and have held up very well.  The company was good to work with---we also bought larger units for a tackle shop and ranger residence.
Forget about building them in a day.
What gets expensive is the shipping.  If anyone else in the area wants to buy one and you can share the shipping it'll save $$$

Find what you love and let it kill you.

Steve_B

The website says it can be built in one day and the video of it being built looks way too easy!!!

Can I ask what was time consuming in putting this together? Not fitting right, joints, wrong lengths, etc??
It's all about the kiddies I tell you...

flyingvan

These weren't panelized so maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges.  They came as a pile of individual 'logs'---three layers of yellow pine laminated together, with the middle one offset by an inch forming the tongue on the top and groove on the bottom.  Everything fit perfect.  With volunteer help they took more like 5 days (not counting the foundation)  They were pretty fun
Find what you love and let it kill you.