I have very healthy Bears (4 Cubs)

Started by peternap, November 04, 2012, 09:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Huge29

peternap

Quote from: Huge29 on November 04, 2012, 10:56:38 PM
Cool! Two sows, I presume?

No, I didn't resize the picture. There's a scroll bar under the picture. Move it to the right.

Its 4 cubs and a sow.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Huge29

I see all five, but she didn't mother all four, correct?  I have never heard of such litter personally.  The two on the left seem to be a little larger.  Have you tried the video option?  I really like getting the 10 second clips personally, it is nice to see what they are doing and sometimes catches the lead animal too, whereas a pic is sometimes slow to react and misses some of the group. 
[embed=425,349]<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lFG7YBvvakU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lFG7YBvvakU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/embed]

peternap

Reconyx cameras don't have video but do have the fastest trigger time and frame rate of any camera on the market. That's why National Geographic used them. The lead animal is the cub.

Yeah...I think all 4 are hers. I've never seen it before but there it is. I had a litter of three a few years ago.....but 4 is phenomenal.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Huge29

Wow, that is amazing!  Not sure from where you hail, but here in Utah we had such a mild winter that it was the norm this year to see does with twins, so the herd should be greatly increased for huntable bucks next year.  Thanks for sharing!  I really like seeing those! 

Back to your camera, did you have your camera on a three burst mode or something or why did the lead cub get to nearly past the halfway mark?  Mine does the same, but I have seen a kit using a Sony point and shoot that is reportedly the fastest thing anywhere for about $200 once you buy a used camera on ebay.

peternap

Quote from: Huge29 on November 05, 2012, 08:14:05 PM
Wow, that is amazing!  Not sure from where you hail, but here in Utah we had such a mild winter that it was the norm this year to see does with twins, so the herd should be greatly increased for huntable bucks next year.  Thanks for sharing!  I really like seeing those! 

Back to your camera, did you have your camera on a three burst mode or something or why did the lead cub get to nearly past the halfway mark?  Mine does the same, but I have seen a kit using a Sony point and shoot that is reportedly the fastest thing anywhere for about $200 once you buy a used camera on ebay.

The Reconyx 800 doesn't have a burst mode. Most cameras that do will fire about 1 frame per second for three shots.
the 800 will shoot 12 frames per second as long as there is moment.

They also cost $500.00 each which is why I only have 4 of them out of 16 cameras total.

Using a P&S camera hack will give you a better image but can't compare to the trigger speed. I have a couple of homebrews using the Simple Sniper boards.

The Bears are moving pretty fast. The camera triggered about right. In the last frame I have of them, Mom has passed the lead cub.