Hows the weather?

Started by astidham, September 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick91351

Where did you find that John.  You are not teasing me now are you?

The would be great news!!!  But anytime there is an El'Nino we are in trouble here with drought so it seems.  Understand one is building......  :-\

Rick91351

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: rick91351 on September 03, 2012, 04:40:37 PM
Where did you find that John.  You are not teasing me now are you?

The would be great news!!!  But anytime there is an El'Nino we are in trouble here with drought so it seems.  Understand one is building......  :-\

Rick91351

That came from the Ski Resort in my area.  Not real sure how they came across it or how accurate it is.

OlJarhead

Quote from: Redoverfarm on September 03, 2012, 02:22:56 PM

We'll see -- so far we've been below normal in temps but what's the norm?  After all, normal to me is the last ten years whereas to those who produced this it could be 100 years for all I know.

As for snowfall, it's been increasing YoY around the cabin.

So far this summer has been VERY mild (and we like it that way ;) )

rick91351

Your lucky OJ.  We went through the summer from hell here in the valley and up above both.  The 143,000 acre Trinity Ridge Fire is just over the mountain from us and staying there thank God.  http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3088/   Last winter was way below norm snow fall and when it did it was very wet and all Chinooked off with in a couple weeks.  Made for no ground water at all.

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Redoverfarm

Well I guess you could say that Fall has arrived in the Mountain State.  Winter is definitely in the forecast with our first Frost yesterday morning.  It is all down hill from now until April.   :(

rick91351

Last night looking at the Snotel sight for up at Prairie where our ranch is at 34 degrees.  Definitely a cover the tomatoes night but it is getting to be that time of the year. 

Redoverfarm

Yep it seems like it happens every year.   ;D    I am so not ready according to my short list of things to get done this year.   d*  Hopefully we will have a long fall that I can squeeze a few more projects in before the white stuff appears. 

Redoverfarm

Second morning with a hard frost.  Seems we have been colder than Anchorage,AK the last couple of mornings.    Are we in Fall or Winter.  ???

rick91351

Quote from: Redoverfarm on September 25, 2012, 04:52:16 PM
Second morning with a hard frost.  Seems we have been colder than Anchorage,AK the last couple of mornings.    Are we in Fall or Winter.  ???

Ya'but you do not have the warm Japanese current on your shore line.   ;D

Redoverfarm

Quote from: rick91351 on September 25, 2012, 05:12:22 PM
Ya'but you do not have the warm Japanese current on your shore line.   ;D

Yeah Rick but I am closer to DC and there is always a lot of hot air blowing from there. ;D

rick91351

Quote from: Redoverfarm on September 25, 2012, 09:12:45 PM
Yeah Rick but I am closer to DC and there is always a lot of hot air blowing from there. ;D

rofl or  [shocked]

Sassy

We've been in the low 90's but it looks like we'll be back up to the 100's... 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

astidham

Weather here in Oklahoma has been awesome!!! mid 70s all this week :)
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

MountainDon

Rain today here at home. Maybe a dusting of snow to come

The mountains around the cabin are forecast for 3 to 4 inches on Saturday (60% chance). 50% chance Sat night. Clearing Sunday and becoming sunny.

Tire chains, all 4, are in the Tacoma waiting for take off in the AM.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Well the complete week the temperatures have been at or near 20F every morning.  Daytime ight have gotten up to 50F if the sun was shinning.  Don tell Karen the flowers in the front boxes are no more.  Just couldn't withstand the radical drop in temperature.

This morning though it was 36F at the cabin (outside).  A comfortable 70F inside with the aid of a couple gas heaters on low during the night.  I doubt that I will even need heat this evening up there as there are about 15 or so musicians and the same amount of friends on the agenda for some music.  Probably be enough hot air to do the job. ;)

Rob_O

1.3" of rain today, more than we got for the month of November. No camping this weekend
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

Redoverfarm

The morning started off with 2" of snow and then is slowly turning to freezing rain and sleet.  Temp 32F.  Forecast is 2-4" of snow.  The snow is a lot easier to manage than the rest of the mix. ;D

rick91351

Quote from: Redoverfarm on December 26, 2012, 07:27:32 AM
The morning started off with 2" of snow and then is slowly turning to freezing rain and sleet.  Temp 32F.  Forecast is 2-4" of snow.  The snow is a lot easier to manage than the rest of the mix. ;D

Nothing like a good sheet of frozen rain.  Looks like we are in for 2 to 4 inches of snow in the valley.  I hope lots in the hills...

OlJarhead

We had SNOW for Christmas!

And that's rare! 

waggin

We take our avalanche control rather seriously here in Washington state:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZLfboCceGA
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. (Red Green)

MountainDon

cold... 6 F at home and -7 F at cabin
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: MountainDon on January 15, 2013, 10:29:36 AM
cold... 6 F at home and -7 F at cabin

41F here but rain.  Seems like we are having higher temps than normal.  In fact all the ice is melted off the road to the cabin.  Like driving on a sponge after it has been frozen.  But I would imagine that once the eastwardly winds kick in that we will be much like you.

Redoverfarm

Dodged the bullet on this last storm. Only got 1-2" yesterday.  South & west got 12" or so.  Temp 25F this morning.  No Grid power as of 4:00AM.  I knew I put that generator in for a reason.   :)  No power, no construction today at least not for the time being.   :(

kenhill

After Last weekends 45+ degree meltdown with wind and rain where we lost ALL snow in Anchorage, we received about 5 inches this week and it looks like winter again.  7 degrees this morning.

Redoverfarm

The Artic Blast arrived just as predicted  ;). 8F this morning with highs to reach maybe 20F today.  This is suppose to hang around for a couple days and then warm up to the 20-30's and snow.    Guess I will just bundle up and bite the bullet in the apartment.  ;D