got my plans

Started by Don, March 04, 2007, 07:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

I got my plans for the Universal cottage a couple weeks ago.  I made modifactions to to existing plans and wound up with a 24X40 1 1/2 story.  I guess I should have ordered the 1 1/2 plans to begin with.   I'm quite happy with the quality of the plans and they helped me produce my own drawings well enough to get my building permit.  Getting quotes on land clearing and a block foundation now.  I hope to be framing soon.

I'll try to take photos and post them.  This is a new area for me so it may take a while get some posted.

Don

jraabe

Welcome to the forum Don and we look forward to hearing more about your project.

Glad to hear about your successful plan modifications. If you get a chance, tell us a bit about what you had to do to modify things for your permit.

I write about things I think will help people do this but it is always good to hear from folks who actually make it happen in the real world! ;)

And, of course, things can vary from one inspector to another.

Don

John,

Sorry to take so long to respond.  I have been really busy at work and also having a round with the flu.
I hope to feel better in a few days and will give some details to the group.

Don

glenn-k

We're looking forward to hearing more, Don.

mrdety

Don,
Would you post the plans/design that you ended up with? I'm looking to do something around the same size. Thanks, Dean