What's for dinner?

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, October 17, 2007, 04:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Noodles, fried with broccoli, carrots, onions, snap peas, last night.

Tonight, will be chicken fajitas with peppers and onions, salsa, sour cream and flour tortillas
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Jens

Right now I don't have much choice.  Wife is working as a baker, from 5am till 2 or 3 most days, I have the kids, homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, still trying to find time to work on the house and projects for clients, and Christmas presents.  It's quite tough.  Can't do much outside of the house until wife gets home from work, then with church group, helping out our friend who is getting divorced with his two girls...IT IS VERY HARD!   :)  Feel like I am going fairly crazy lately trying to do it all. 

just did our Christmas shopping, got it all done in about 3 hours.  No time to cook, so I am glad I made enough minestrone to have leftovers.  Thats supper tonight.

Don...gotta love that mexican food!  Do you make your tortillas?  So good when homemade!
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

MountainDon

Quote from: Jens on December 22, 2008, 07:21:06 PM
Do you make your tortillas? 

No, we buy them from one of two locally owned tortilla factories. No lard, no trans fats. Frozen chilis as well.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sonoran

Individuality: You are all unique, just like everybody else.

glenn kangiser

I overcooked a standing rib roast in the wood stove last night but didn't kill it-- left overs tonight --
Sassy made a big meal - sweet potato -also roasted in the wood stove, tamale, fruit salad- I'm stuffed.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

We had a special treat. Standing Rib Roast beef, with potatoes and parsnips roasted alongside the roast, and Yorkshire Pudding.   :)

assorted Christmas cookies later. (received as gifts)

MountainDon

Roast Turkey! ... ready in 2 hours or so.

Mashed potatoes, probably green beans, maybe carrots  ???, gravy, pumpkin pie.

Drew

glenn kangiser

The city, Drew... it is making you sick.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Drew

Close, Glenn (Glenn Close?).  I've been sick two days in the last three years.  This last one came when I went to a kick-off meeting for a new contract.  The project sponsor had a cold.  She also said that they decided they would do the work themselves and wouldn't need me after all.  These things happen, I understand that.  But a phone call would have been just fine. :)

I'm better today, though a little numb around the edges from the dope and sleep.  I'm going to go to a lunch meeting for a January contract and see about some drip line and tree guards on the way home.  It's almost time to plant the trees!   ;D

glenn kangiser

Glenn Close?  hmm

I haven't tried to get in touch with my feminine side lately [waiting]

Gotta admit, she looks a lot like me in the days when I had hair if you take off the beard. heh

...take the beard off me... not her...  d*

Homegrown Tomatoes

Last night was DD's birthday party and we had sausage, bacon, fried apples 'n' onions, waffles, fruit salad, etc.  Was going to do biscuits too, but ran out of steam when we got the call from the realtor about the pipes being frozen in our house in WI.  Good news is that even after our gang plus an additional dozen or more people ate their fill, we didn't have to cook breakfast this morning, nor will we tomorrow.  DD loves breakfast for supper... one of her favorite meals (that and beans, but we had them about three or four times in the past few weeks and frankly, I was a little tired of them.)

Dog

;DOk Glenn and Drew...that's was interesting how you brought Glenn Close into all that...
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

glenn kangiser

Close, but she kept me at arms length... [crz]

Homegrown Tomatoes

Yup, it is interesting how that Glenn can tie in about any two subjects under the sun....   ;D  He has mastered the art!

Homegrown Tomatoes

I was planning on making chili, but it is about 70 degrees out and gorgeous, and it just doesn't sound as good as it would if it were cold.  So, I'm thinking we should eat out tonight!  (OK, so really that's just to kill time until the house is sold in Wisconsin, and we should probably not spend the money to eat out, but it does sound really nice.)   [waiting] [waiting]

Homegrown Tomatoes

Celebratory chili tonight because the house is finally done (you know, celebration food should be...um... explosive.)  Oh and cornbread, of course.  Then we begin to eat up the stash of food in the house so that we don't have to move any of it... not that there is really that much stashed because we don't have much room to store it. 

glenn kangiser

I'd do the chili with you Homey, butt no benefit.... Sassy is working... [crz]

...and Whitlock and Flutterby invited me over for homemade pizza so I can't pass that one  up. :)

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Homegrown Tomatoes on December 31, 2008, 04:41:51 PM
Celebratory chili tonight because the house is finally done (you know, celebration food should be...um... explosive.)  Oh and cornbread, of course.  Then we begin to eat up the stash of food in the house so that we don't have to move any of it... not that there is really that much stashed because we don't have much room to store it. 

Homey -- thinking about this a little bit... hmm

I think you ought to lighten up a bit on the chili... how about just toxic fumes.... you ever try to clean up after explosive? [crz] 

I don't even want to think about it.... [waiting]

Dog

:) LOL!
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!
I had Kale and Barley. Very delicious! 
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Dark chocolate with almonds. :o  Ok, so I had a burger for dessert.  Felt like a rebel today.

glenn kangiser

Now you are making me want to eat Ice Cream.  I cooked sweet potatoes in foil in the fireplace, covered them with butter and salt,  then made a quesadilla with cheese and artichoke and jalapeno dip along with some Trader Joe Salt and Pepper potato chips. [hungry]

MountainDon

Omelet: eggs, diced onions, tomatoes, green peas, grated sharp cheddar and parmesan, pepper, salt. With WW toast.

glenn kangiser

hmm -- World War toast... very patriotic, Don.  May I suggest Freedom Fries to go with that ?... rofl

MountainDon

WW = Whole Wheat   :o    with Strawberry jam, marshmallows and blueberry jelly      ;D

But that reminds me, maybe we'll have chipped beef on toast one day soon... "$hit on a shingle"