Leo

Leo

wide pine floors and wood work to paint

peg_688

Leo check out this thread ,

http://www.countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1142921436

Nice stuff BTW 8-) Ya need a better camera man though ;D

Leo

That is some nice stuff Peg ,I rarely ever took pictures it was deliver get the check and NEXT.the copper over a thousand fish 4 spieces,wine racks 250?if tall and a piece of wood on top more moneY,mirrors about 70 20 x24 glass ,boats canoes7 that is the most fun and whats up next ,I want to build each piece in the cabin.I dont own a single piece i built.the chairs and benches 40 pieces.what ever someone wanted a mercenary in wood ,metal and fiberglass or a man playing with toy. youre right on the camera my last is My sons a brutally competitive pine wood derby was most rewarding.

Leo

number 18 was number one

peg_688

You might consider adding your stuff on that thread , might be to much of a PITA at this point , maybe Glenn [highlight]SUPER Adminman [/highlight]can do it for ya if you want to . I'm not sure if he can do it , [highlight]but if it's possible  for the program[/highlight] ,  Glenn can get er done  8-)

Leo

Leo

oops?a better camera is on the to buy list ,my point is building is a natural thing.the world is full of breakers,takers,fixers and makers. Hi Glenn Ill move it tomorrow i hate to take you're time 6 am is too soon?it does not surprise me that those wanting to build there own house might  like to build any thing.

MountainDon

Hey Leo, some nice stuff. I'm especially a sucker for any nicely laminated wood whatever... loved the boat.  The pinewood derby car brought back memories... My son's last winning entry was a sliver of wood with a lead plate underbelly. Those were fun.

Leo

thanks Glen number 18 was the most fun :)don thats not fair they should have pinewood derby for grown ups dont you think? ;)

glenn-k

Do you do your own welding and bending/break work, Leo?

As far as cameras go this is the grade up from mine - better camera at similar cost - digital stabilization and near fool proof - even I can do well with it. About $340 :)

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001340.php

I took this picture of a plane I could not see except as a speck, on full zoom hand held -at 48x zoom on digital.

That is one of the planes that sprays the spreading chemical trails that obliterate the sun and turn the skies to a cloudy hazy day -I saw it doing it and snapped a few pix.  You see it more and more now -- clouds in the shape of hatches or x's or other grids usually and cover the sky.  Point is that you could never hand hold a lesser camera and get a shot like that.

Equivalent of a 35 to 350mm zoom all in one little stabilized lens.

MountainDon

Quotedon thats not fair they should have pinewood derby for grown ups dont you think? ;)
By that time my son had figured out that his heavier cars ran down hill faster, so I showed him how to use the bandsaw to trim down the body thickness and the table router to make a cavity for the lead. The whole car was affixed to a larger block for safer handling.

I was a den leader while my son was in cubs and scouts. One year some of us leaders decided to see what we could do with no rules, other than using the same max. wt as the pinewood cars and that the cars must fit the same track.

We ended up with six very competitive entries. We ended up with similar concept cars; thin wheels and ball bearing, and either slim flat or tubular shaped bodies. The fastest car was a trike design; 2 very thin carbon fiber front disc wheels with ball bearing hubs, one smaller similar trike wheel bringing up the rear with a fin shaped body, wider in front and tapering back to shield the rear wheel.

I should mention that it was quite a hi-tech leader crew, three leaders being Intel engineers, one a Honeywell engineer, an ex-rocket scientist, and non-degreed myself. It was fun, but not repeated.

benevolance

I need a 2 man/person Kayak design....My wife is hounding me to no end to build one for her

I have some saved on the net and bookmarked for someday projects.... If you have built one that you recommend I would love to look at it.

Some really intersting stuff by the way