New Tractor Tool

Started by BiggKidd, April 29, 2008, 07:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiggKidd

Hi All,

Heres a tool I just finished building for my tractor. What I was trying to make is something to clean the roots out of the top layer. That way we can have grass, pasture, garden space ETC. I haven't tried it on freshly cleared ground yet. But heres what it did in my field behind my house here in the city.

First here it is.

All of the metal execpt the shanks and pins came from the local recyclers.

Here is where I am going to try it out.

Heres a test run.

I bet this would work great for those of you who set up feed patches for the animals.

Thanks for looking
Larry

A hard life only makes you stronger.

Larry

peternap

That's pretty darn nice Larry [cool]
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Nice ripper/scarifier, Larry.  It's like the ripper in my Gannon Box on my road tractor..

They work great for locating phone and water lines also.  d*
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

BiggKidd

Thanks Don, Glenn,

They work great for locating phone and water lines also.

HAhahhahhahahahahahahah

No lines to worry about but the ones I plant and I have a self set rule 24" minimum depth.

Larry

Larry

benevolance

man that is awesome...It took me a couple of days to bust the sod to make my garden.. what did that take 30 seconds... wow

peternap

Larry's an interesting fellow benevolance. I was with him when he bought the ripper shanks for that thing. After thinking about a while, I realized he was on to something and I bought longer shanks for my grade box. Ir doesn't cut as deep but works.

I've gotten all kinds of ideas from him about farming raw land.

My son has the grader box too low and it's covering up part of what he ripped, you can see the right two shanks are cutting furrows. They are not adjusted all t
he way down either.
https://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/peternap/?action=view&current=ripper.flv
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

BiggKidd

Thanks Benevolance I bet it will work well befor tilling too.

Peter,

Nice video. Tractor sure looks better with the tires set wide. Man I love that box you got. That thing is tough.

Larry

Larry