Looking for Land

Started by gphockey, January 28, 2008, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gphockey

Hi Folks, I just found this forum and looks awesome.
HELP
My wife and I have been looking for land in the WV, VA, NC area for a Deer camp cabin. Trying to keep it under $20000.

I am not too picky about the property but here is a couple of critera.
1- Mountains/Hill but not too steep. Often cheaper land we have looked at is VERY steep.
2- No busy main roads, prefer wooded privacy with Deer hunting possibilities.
3- Power not necessary but also a bonus
4- Would like at least one acre
5- Unrestricted...Developments not desired.

Would love to hear any tips you have to find cheaper land in these areas.
Thanks
PM me for contact info.

glenn kangiser

Welcome to the forum.

I like steep -- it keeps out the riff-raff.  For the same reason, I like poison oak on the lower portions,:)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

gphockey

Thanks for the welcome.
I have checked some of the forum today, and it looks like a super place to share tips and ideas.
I already have seen some topics that are going to be of use.

glenn kangiser

We have lots of good helpful members and somehow we generally manage to git 'er done. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

wingam00

gphockey,  w* to the forum, glad to have you with us.  On finding land, it sounds like your major objective is Deer hunting. If that is true I would suggest that you look for GOOD areas to hunt in and then look for property in that area. I have attached a link to a site that has some info by state on deer hunting.   Look at about mid section of the web page for the "STATE COVERAGE" window and select the state you want.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/hunting/whitetail-deer-hunting/

Hope this helps and good hunting (for deer & land)

Mark

Redoverfarm

gphockey  w*. I would start by looking at area's which have a National Forrest.  Then find some surrounding private land adjacent to it.  That way you get the view and useage but you don't have to pay taxes on it.  In my area there is several lots available which some join the NF and some are within a short distance from it.  I tried to find the Real Estate Company that had them listed on the net but I didn't have the right address.  I think United Coutry had something to do with it but not sure.  There is a local telephone # posted at the road but I will have to wait until I go back to my cabin site to get it.  They had 2.6 and 6 acs advertised which join the NF. 

Redoverfarm

gphockey The two lots that I was referring to earlier was 2.6 & 6.2 acs. Both of them are in WV and border the National Forrest(state of Virginia). 18 miles from a major resevoir and 2 miles from the nearest trout stream. Don't have any idea of the cost now but I wroite down the telephone number in case you would want to check them out.  (304) 536-3115 or (304) 536-2972.

Good Luck