looking for 5 to 10 acre,s in south west kentucky

Started by tim_the_biggen, December 06, 2006, 07:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim_the_biggen

we have out grown our home , we have gone from 3 teenagers to 5 in a month so all togather we have 8 of us living in a 3 bedroom house  so somewhere in calloway co kentucky we need to build or buy a bigger home. the reason we need to stay in calloway co all 6 kids are in school here. HELP if you know of land here message me please .

glenn kangiser

That's the way to do it, Tim-- get them full grown - skips all the messy years. :)

Haven't heard much from Kentucky but you never know-- we have a lot of people who read only and one may pop in with something.  G/L
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Amanda_931

I think everyone I know in that part of the world is in or from McCracken County.

tim_the_biggen

hey all. thanks for looking in on us , well a little back ground on my little tribe. i have 4 children ages girls 8 , 14 , 23 (oldest girl married and on her own as much as they can ) the boy is 16 .i married a young lady that has 3 children girls are 13 , 14 , and her son is 16 .her 3 lived with us all the time my 2 teenagers moved in first week of oct. 5 full time teens in one house and one 8 year old on weekends and couple nites a week . our food bill for the month of nov was $462.18 this does not count house hold stuff , tp dish cleaner  laundry stuff well you know . good thing we have been blessed with good incomes my wife works in a office that way  we all our covered on ins. and i'm a carpenter , painter , handyman . make a good living at it . but we are in a small house HELP. tim

glenn kangiser

Sounds like you have a ready made crew to help and learn also, Tim.  Teach them what you know.  That some are girls doesn't matter.  They can use  construction trade skills too.  They will thank you later.  Hope the housing works out.  

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

tim_the_biggen

hey you would not believe my 14 year old daughter ,she can and will crawl under a house as fast as i will and has to be as good i plumber as you will find anywhere all 4 of my kids work with dad and my dad .we have roofers and my 16 year old son can tile a floor better than i can , even the little one who is 8 helps out she does finish work on sheetrock and painting. we dont have my step kids in it yet they dont like to get dirty but we are workin on them . they want a new house tooo so they are going to have to help if they want to beable to pick room when we get a house up and ready to move in .

glenn kangiser

Good job, Tim.  I was working weekends for food for my old dead uncle.  Learned a lot at about 9 years old. :)

If you wait until they are out of school to start teaching them, it is too late.  They will have wasted a significant portion of their  life and at a time when they learn the fastest. Their time will have been occupied with TV - Nintendo - hanging out with the gang etc.  You are doing good by my opinion. :)