Home Accessories - handmade -  built-ins etc.

Started by glenn-k, March 21, 2006, 01:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peg_688

glenn-k

Funny -- looks like a duck to me. :-/

"He's a funny duck" ;)

benevolance

The duckpond house is breathtaking...

No other way to describe it...

Amazing what you can accomplish when you amass such a pile of thought with hard work of many people...

I did not think I would like the Rendering on the wall...But it was lovely...
Subtle touches like the Bull Rushes on the railings were genius

Sassy

PEG's craftmanship & also Jonnie's fine woodworking are really beautiful!  

benevolance

I like the Duck in Peg's Picture...Sort of reminds me of the Faces on the Stonehednge Guys....Anyone else know what I am talking about?

Amanda_931

benevolance

YES!

Thank you....I was hoping someone would figure out what I was trying to say....That duck looks exactly like that dude....Well sort of...*L*

I feel less weird now...

Thank you

PEG688

Old broken stained glass window ,remove broken bits ,  add frame and garden  :)

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Amanda_931

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn-k

Here are Sassy's new shelves which I built under duress and humiliation. :'(  She finished them - another coat or two to go.  I will probably add center supports later - letting the boards dry a bit now.  I like rustic style -- I get to use the nail gun and chain saw. :)  This project took about an hour.  Sassy has been sanding and finishing for about 3 hours.

Amanda_931

peg_688

Nice job to you both ,practical and very fitting for the setting 8-)

glenn-k

Hey, thanks.  I guess I can't say I wasn't motivated.  The wood is a board appx 16 to 18 inches wide ==was one board 20'6" long.  It was a White fir that I fell last year..  The board was a reject from my saw mill due to a dull blade - a bit uneven thickness but the top is smooth - I trimmed it off so I could make a good cut for my mom to send back to Oregon for shelves for her kitchen.  She wanted something rustic also. :)

benevolance

Glenn did I read that right...Your mom gets the good lumber for shelves and Sassy gets the rejects?

Buddy I would avoid this approach in the future it could lead to...ah.. problems at the underground headquarters....Might put you in the underground doghouse :P

Glenn are you a momma's boy....sassy confess is he puddy in her hands?

glenn-k

Dang it Peter - you tryin to cause trouble?

I'm not a mamma's boy -- my dog used to bite her legs when she tried to force me to get on the school bus -- teacher beat me over the fingers with a ruler and I didn't want to go. :'(

As you should well know, The wavy, uneven thickness boards are extremely rare and highly coveted by rustic furniture designers the world over. :-/

Mom had to make do with plain old straight boards.

So there...... :o

benevolance

Glenn I keep getting the good stuff from you....Nice how you angle and spin it..

The uneven wvy boards are collectible the whole world over...and your mom has to "settle" for the perfect boards...

Yes I think I can make that work with my wife in a pinch....thanks man! ;)

Sassy

And men don't think women see right through them...  ::) Ya just gotta humor them cuz their like little boys...   ::)

glenn-k

Sure -- when we're not being passive aggressive - whatever that is. :-?

Wish I'd gone to college sometimes so I'd know what these names mean. :-/

benevolance

Sassy lucky for me my wife does not surf or post here...So I am safe sort of...I can get all the good info without her getting the inside scoop

:D

MountainDon

(first photo post, let's see how this goes... had trouble getting multiple images into same post so I tripled 'em up in a composite)
Here are some images of an entertainment center I made about 20 yrs ago... too bad I couldn't have foreseen HD TV back then, that's a 27 incher, used to think it was big. Right side has tape decks, CD changer, turntable (what?), tuner and storage. Oak veneer plywood and oaks solids, Zebrawood veneer inset doors, walnut trim strips. glass door fronted units on left & right have speakers in the bottom. Pocket doors on TV section. VCR/DVD mess door tips up and slides in like a pocket door.

MountainDon

And here's a wall clock and table...
End table is oak with flooring inlaid along with walnut strips in the top
Oak wall clock, all solid wood. runs on a $4 battery operated mechanism.

glenn-k

Nice job, Don.  A bit more complicated than I try to do with my chain saw and air nailer.

To put as many pictures as you want on a page, upload them to Photobucket then paste the IMG tags into your message.  The file post at the bottom of the message only allows one file at a time.

More picture posting info here.

http://www.countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1115032671

MountainDon

Thanks Glenn. I knew you'd have the solution. So here goes 2 images.
Bed foot and head boards. Pine, or maybe spruce or maybe fir? SPF.
Glued up, sanded, routed, clear coated

[/img]
[/img]

Bruce

Impressive workmanship!! I especially like the clock