Your phone number

Started by peternap, December 16, 2010, 07:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Several times in stores lately, while paying with cash, the clerk has asked me for my phone number. Now these weren't good lookin wimmin so I didn't want to give them my number.

Instead I gave 000-000-0000.

The last time (yesterday) she said it (The Computer) wouldn't take it. I said "That's because I lied"

The clerk said "Why would you do that?"

I said " because it's much more polite than saying, none of your damn business".

Pretty soon they'll be asking for DNA samples >:( >:(
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Peter I think it is geared toward Demographics.  The companies try to compile where there buyers are coming from so they can target the advertising.   I usually say " no thankyou" and let it go at that.

RIjake

I just tell them that my number is unlisted and that takes care of it!

MountainDon

When I feel there is no earthly reason I should require them to call me I lie, but not so blatantly as using all zeros. I just reel off with the phone number I had decades ago in the home I grew up in; just change the area code to the local one. It's hard to forget a number that was in use by Mom & Dad for some 40+ years.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.