Hows the weather?

Started by astidham, September 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astidham

Tulsa Oklahoma 80 degrees and sunny with a low of 52 degrees.

I love seeing the broad difference in the weather from state to state! Whats Yours?
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

MountainDon

56  -   89  desert mesa home (5500 feet)

51  -   79   mountain ridge (8800 feet)

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

gandalfthegrey

113 Degrees Los Angeles International airport

107 Degrees Here in desert area near Hemet California.

[shocked]
Bad Wolf

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MushCreek

The low was a sticky 81 degrees here in FL. Fall, such as it is here, is at least a month or more away.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

astidham

Tulsa Oklahoma 9-29-10
High 83 low 59

Good building weather!
— Henry Ford

Bob S.

Here is a neat Wx site
            http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?=usa
I hope this goes through Ok

Bob S.

I see it will not work. Let me try again
www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?map=usa

Bob S.

now its working just drag your mouse over the +'s and it gives you the WX. Its neat.

Redoverfarm

Getting pounded with some "much needed" rain.  Recently we got 2.5" over a three day period which is the first measurable amount we have had in several weeks if not months.  It looks like we could probably get that much again today   ;D.  What leaves have already turned will more than likely come down. 

Not real sure if I posted this site earlier but it is a pretty good site for weather.  You can set it locally.  The map seems to be very good which can be zoomed in to give specific counties.  I have watched the time and locations of rain patterns and it holds fairly true.  Just thought I would give you the site and let you give it a try.

http://www.intellicast.com/

astidham

Thanks Bob S very neat.

good website Redoverfarm.
— Henry Ford

StinkerBell

Today's Range is 61 to 88.

I am enjoying the cooler nights and cool mornings.

peternap

Drought and hot last week.
Floods and cool this week.

This old song sums it up nicely: ???

I came from Alabama
With my banjo on my knee,
I'm goin' to Louisiana
My true love for to see;
It rained all night the day I left,
The weather it was dry;
The sun so hot I froze to death;
Susanna, don't you cry.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Sassy

We're having our summer now  ???  98 degrees predicted again...  at least it got down to 78 degrees last night  d*

Peternap, I used to sing that song all the time when I was a little kid  [cool]

Redoverfarm

Well it's offically started.  I guess it is all down hill from here.  This is about 25 miles from the house in the same county.  Boy I am so not ready for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i_-G623xQI&feature=player_embedded

StinkerBell

Sassy

We had a downpour, lightening & thunder yest late afternoon.  Our neighbor dog was over hiding out & Spike was whining.  Glenn was working a few miles away & said he only got some sprinkles.

This AM it is 53 degrees - overcast - looks like we might be in for another thunderstorm. 

astidham

Winter is close!
tonight here in Tulsa will be 53 tommorrow 90
— Henry Ford

gandalfthegrey

Well we are out of the triple digits for now. 

Rain off and on for 1 - 2 days, now low last night 42 and now at 71.
Bad Wolf

fishing_guy

Middle of October and we're still hitting 80F.  Last Friday morning I was forced to wake up to this sight:

I just know we're going to pay for it this winter!
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

MountainDon

I was just talking to my sister in manitoba. Last weekend they winterized their cabin on Lake Winnipeg. She said it didn't seem right winterizing while wearing flip-flops. Weather there was still in the upper sixties 968F / 20C).

Here it's definitely fall. That can be felt in the mornings which are cool. Cold at the cabin; last weekend it dropped to 36. Frank's place must be having freezes.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

astidham

I know what you mean MountainDon, I remove ice from my windows in the morning wearing a heavy coat.
in the evening Im running my air conditioner
— Henry Ford

MountainDon

This is the time of year when heat might be called for early in the AM and then the A/C may be called on late in the day.  d*

rick91351

Our most wonderful increatable Indian Summer seems to have broken.  Looking at rain today and temps starting to plunge.  Yesterday working home from LaGrande, Oregon to the Nampa or Boise, Idaho area I could see just see under the clouds on the Elk Horn Mtns. there was snow on them there hills......I really need to get up to the ranch and get the fifth wheel out of there.     :(  Sad this spring, summer and fall is about in the books........  It was a fun full year....
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

Cold! 31 F right now. 24 tonight. Gray and dull. Windy as spring. Winter is here. Today. More than likely some snow tonight at the cabin but it'll mekt off in a few days, unless it snows again and again.