cost

Started by Steve, December 21, 2004, 12:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Hello all

I'm planing to start building the summer of 05
not sure with what plan,size seems to be the issue.
Hoping for two to three bedrooms.Well my question is how much will it cost? Everyone who has completed or nearly please let me\us know the cost and size. The ginger bread can be left out. Any help will be great.
Thanks Steve
P.S. going to use a pier foundation

Ray_N

Somewhere on this website $15 per square foot is quoted for building materials.   A local lumber yard also has some garage size building kits that also yeild about the same cost per foot.

Again this is for a shell,  and going for nicer windows and doors can change that quite a bit.  

For the rest I think $20 per square foot would be useful,  thats what I needed to add a couple rooms, bath, and propane stove to my basement.

Jimmy C.

Somewhere on this website $15 per square foot is quoted for building materials.   A local lumber yard also has some garage size building kits that also yeild about the same cost per foot.

Again this is for a shell,  and going for nicer windows and doors can change that quite a bit.  

For the rest I think $20 per square foot would be useful,  thats what I needed to add a couple rooms, bath, and propane stove to my basement.

[size=16]Would this $15-$20 psf be the same for a two-story house as opposed to a one-story?[/size]
The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

John Raabe

$20 per sf for shell materials is perhaps a little low since the recent runup in lumber prices.

Yes, for estimates like this you use the heated floor area of the total living space.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

Steve

Thanks for the reply I'm going to ballpark it at 25.00psf on new material. So I guess I'm going to start looking for great deals on materials and store
them untill the summer. I was hoping for under 20.00 psf however I have time to buy/shop. This web site is great keep up the good work!
I was going to perchase a steel building however
that was to easy.
Thanks Steve