20' wide 1 story and 1 1/2 story plans

Started by Duane, March 24, 2010, 08:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8' walls over the living and 10' walls over stairs, loft area? possible? Plan combination?

One story plans with smaller loft?
0 (0%)
1&1/2 story plans with all the extra Siding, insullation,drywall,studs,etc
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 26, 2010, 08:05:33 PM

Duane

Hello All, I am the new guy and have been watching this site for a while now and am ready to make the move on the drawings. I would like to ask some questions first if you don't mind. Would having two different elevations on the roof look silly or what? Please tell me . I have looked at other drawings of cabins and I seem to end up changing them to look like the 1 and 1/2 story plans, so why am I looking elsewhere?  I am not interested in paying $600.00 for drawings and still have to take them to an engineer. Anyway we bought the 4 acre lot and plan to put the well septic and power on it this year and next year start the cabin. Can't wait to get up there and dream but there is still 2' of snow that has to go.  Thank you...Duane

MountainDon

1.   w*

2.  No, IMO, different elevations would not look silly, but would add "interest".

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John Raabe

I think the best houses start off with simple elements that are then customized and adjusted to the site, the use of the building and the owners ideas and taste.

That's why you will see such variations in the Gallery of houses that used the same plan to build distinctively different houses.
None of us are as smart as all of us.