Deer Run- 16x26 in Oklahoma

Started by ScottA, October 11, 2007, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottA

Thanks All.

John, it's smaller. It's the same as the little tiles in the decorative band.

ScottA

Before

After

Shower tile is finnished. Just needs cleaned, sealed and trim installed.

Put the first coat of paint on the cieling today. I'll try to do the second coat Sunday or Monday. Saturday is clean up day at Deer run.

Sassy

Looks really nice - looks like you're getting close to moving in?
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

ScottA

We're shooting for December Sassy. Still lots to get done yet.

TexstarJim

Everything is sure looking nice Scott, proud for you.  I'm looking forward to seeing the day you're moved in and enjoying the fruits of your labor.  Keep this post updated as you can so we can all be encouraged by your progress. ;D
Rule #1: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Rule #2: "It's all small stuff"

ScottA

Thanks Jim.

I finnished painting the ceiling and removed all the masking. I started getting the beams preped for stain today. The ceiling paint is still to soft (due to high humidity) to mask off for staining. I may need to wait a couple more days. We'll see. I washed the deck over the weekend. As soon as the weather is right I'm going to put a second coat of stain on it. I'm hoping by the end of this month.

Bishopknight

Ya, excellent job on the shower Scott. Pro job.  ;D

I'm going to do a similar design in my shower like you did.

Redoverfarm

Scott how did the "rock" look against the other Rock behind the stove? 

ScottA

No sheetrock on the rock wall. The stone will be trimmed out with woodwork. Stay tuned

ScottA

Ceiling painted and scissors finished. The poly is still wet so it's a little bit shiny. I just need to caulk around where the wood meets the drywall and the high ceiling will be done.

Here's the little jotul stove assembled and ready to install. I took the cookplate out to make it easier to handle. It's very heavy.

Redoverfarm

poppy

The scissor truss looks great and is a nice strong feature.  8)

MountainDon

It's surprising how much one of those little stoves can weigh.  :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

With my Hearthstone the demensions are 28WX24DX28H(inc 4" leg) and the weight is 550#. 

Scott be careful since it is a new stove to break in the cast iron gradually.   I think they refer to it as "seasoning".  Otherwise it will cause the casting to crack.  Normally they recommend 3 small firings to heat up the stove but not too hot to touch.  Allow the stove to burn down and regain the room temperature between the firings.

ScottA

The manual recommends 5 firings each a little bigger than the last for break in. I think it weighs close to 200 lbs. The inner cast plates and the cook plate are removable so this helps make it easier to move.

TexstarJim

Beautiful stove Scott, glad you're gonna break it in right.  I've had my eye on some stoves made with soap stone and I sure would like to have one of them.  They're really expensive and nice to look at, but the lasting effects of the gradual heat release of the soapstone sure makes em nice.  I'll have to wait until my house is finished before making a decision to spend over $2K on one of these little beauties.  

I'm leaning towards buying one just like yours since I've seen how nice they are.
Rule #1: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Rule #2: "It's all small stuff"

ScottA

Not much to show for the last couple of weeks but I have been busy. The wood stove is installed and tested. Floor insulation is at about 65% now. Somehow I dread doing it but I manage to get energized once in a while. I did the drywall finishing in the bathroom. Should have it ready to paint on monday. All the walls are closed up now. I started sanding the loft ladder. Did the first pass with 80 grit. I'll go over it again with 120 before I stain it. It won't stop raining so I haven't got to the deck yet. I really hope we get a dry spell before it gets cold. The electrical service is going in next week hopefuly. Still no water do to all the rain but next week looks promising.

ScottA

New pics.

ScottA

We had a fire in the stove last night.

ScottA

It was our Anniversary. You figure it out.  8)

MountainDon

Quote from: ScottA on September 30, 2009, 05:18:38 PM
It was our Anniversary.

Congrats! What one? This coming Friday marks our 32nd.   8)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

I was inquiring how it worked. But in lieu of the reply I need not go any further.

ScottA

Sorry I can be a smarta$$ sometimes. Stove works good. Excellent draw on the 19' flue.

Don this was our 4th. This is my second time around.  d*

MountainDon

Happy 4, and wishes for the happy ones to outnumber the others.   :D