looking for a book

Started by warbird, September 10, 2014, 11:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warbird

hello all. i had saved a page to my computer of a book someone had posted on here about.
i believe it was either Don or John who posted it, he had said he dug it out of his collectioin and was an old book made at the height of the "back to the land movement" from i believe the 70's or early 80's.... if i remember it was by time magazine. anyway he had posted a link to Amazon where they could be had used for about 4 bucks..... well i forgot to add it to my amazon wish list and then my computer crashed. trying to find it again. any help is appreciated thank you .

Phil.
P.S it was an older post if i remember correctly

Redoverfarm

Quote from: warbird on September 10, 2014, 11:00:21 AM
hello all. i had saved a page to my computer of a book someone had posted on here about.
i believe it was either Don or John who posted it, he had said he dug it out of his collectioin and was an old book made at the height of the "back to the land movement" from i believe the 70's or early 80's.... if i remember it was by time magazine. anyway he had posted a link to Amazon where they could be had used for about 4 bucks..... well i forgot to add it to my amazon wish list and then my computer crashed. trying to find it again. any help is appreciated thank you .

Phil.
P.S it was an older post if i remember correctly

Could this possibly be what you are looking for.   http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=13160.msg171255#msg171255

warbird

that's EXACTLY what i was looking for. Thank you so much

IMScoop

My local library actually has that book. When I looked for it online, after checking it out there, I found one that is currently published:

http://www.amazon.com/Cabins-Cottages-Building-Getaway-Retreat/dp/1565235398/ref=sr_1_2

It's the exact same book, with a few minor changes and better pictures. Small paperback but very easy to read and packs a lot of practical information into a few pages.