Incinerating toilet

Started by SpyingOnMyKeystrokes, March 17, 2020, 07:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpyingOnMyKeystrokes

I'm wondering if anyone has seen or experimented with a propane incinerating toilet system?
A corrupt psychopath is spreading rumors and lies about me. It is a well-documented component of stalking. Please report any suspicious behavior or contact from 3rd parties to tips.fbi.gov.

DaveOrr

I would be interested too as that's what I'm looking to put in my cabin.
Dave's Arctic Cabin: www.anglersparadise.ca

rich2Vermont

Many years ago we rented a cabin up in Maine that had an Incinolet. It was kind of surreal. It worked fine, but you wouldn't want to be downwind of it when it fired off. For our cabin, we're still using the outdoor poop palace latrine, but still hope to do a composting toilet at some point. In the meantime, when we have a crowd we just rent a porta-potty.

ChugiakTinkerer

My familiarity is limited to a remote work camp that had issues with the incinerator working.  The odor is something to behold, I am told.
My cabin build thread: Alaskan remote 16x28 1.5 story

azgreg

DaveOrr

The one I'm looking at has a catalytic converter to help get rid of those fumes.  ;)

https://shop.ecojohn.com/products/tinyjohn-waterless-incinerating-toilet

Dave Sparks

Good Idea on the Cat  ;) Anything that reduces maintenance would be a major plus here  :)   

"Catalytic Converter - $99.00 it will clean the air going outside, which will reduce any odor(if any).  It will also keep the exhaust fan clean and requires less maintenance. "

Dave, why can't you do a septic? too cold?
"we go where the power lines don't"

DaveOrr

Quote from: Dave Sparks on April 07, 2020, 11:08:57 AM
Good Idea on the Cat  ;) Anything that reduces maintenance would be a major plus here  :)   

"Catalytic Converter - $99.00 it will clean the air going outside, which will reduce any odor(if any).  It will also keep the exhaust fan clean and requires less maintenance. "

Dave, why can't you do a septic? too cold?

The whole area is 4 billion year old granite.
Hard to dig in.  ;)
The frost line is 3 times deeper than in the Northern states/ Southern provinces too.
Would need to get it all down below 12' and that ain't gonna happen.
It might be possible to do a raised septic but getting the equipment needed would be very expensive as well as trying to get the fill needed.

Easier to get a propane crapper.  :)

Dave Sparks

Thanks!  I keep forgetting the Yellowknife area is like that. I have a client there.

DaveOrr

Quote from: Dave Sparks on April 16, 2020, 08:28:01 AM
Thanks!  I keep forgetting the Yellowknife area is like that. I have a client there.

This is what I built my cabin on.  :)

JRR

Dave, that is a fine looking house!   Have you given any thought of having a septic tank and a raised drain field that would be mostly wooden chip compost material.  ??   Looks like you plenty of forest from which to gather such wood compost material.   If the whole affair was surrounded by a wall and covered with ground fabric and a few heavy stones.  ??  As usual, I have no experience and know nothing about what I write ... just thinking out loud.

Dave Sparks

Curious on that one jrr.  I have been around failing septics and they often let you know about bad leech field problems with your nose :(

JRR

Right, septic systems can be nightmares.  I came from the sandy soil area of SC, the soil there was so permeable that some fairly good size towns had municipal water, but not sewage.  Private septic systems worked well there.  Now I live in Georgia, and its a mixed bag here, some areas have clay or granite, difficult for septic systems .... the conditions of the ground makes all the difference.

And all require maintenance.  A couple that have had their lakeside home for twenty years recently told me they were now having septic drainage problems.  I asked. "When did you last have the tank pumped?".  Reply, "...Huh?".

Blessed

I realize this thread is older but may be useful to some.  We have an electric fired incinolet toilet ran on a 30 amp receptacle off a generator.  It works good.  Takes 35 minutes or so to burn things.  Very little odor at all. They burn pretty hot.
   If I'm by myself I just place several good plastic garbage bags in it n use it. Take the bag out n dispose it.