Kentucky

Started by Leo, January 06, 2005, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

For those looking for a retreat or retirement home south central kentucky has much to offer.money magazine rated it one of the ten best second home bargains in the good ol  USA.  Laurel lake,Dale hollow lake and lake Cumberland areas must be seen to be appreciated.Lake Cumberland has over 1200 miles of shore line,Clear water ,good soil.mild 4 season climate,Very reasonable prices, good fishing and most of all friendly locals. We looked at Ohio.michigan,West Virginia,tennessee,Pennsylvania and Indiana,

Amanda_931

Probably.

I've got friends from McCracken County, they keep thinking they'll retire back there.

And I know people near E-town and I-65 who swear that wind power would be sooooo easy in that area.

BruceinKY

I'll second that. I was fortunate enough to snag the last bit of property that borders Laurel Lake. It's some of the most beautiful country I've ever been to.

Leo

Bruce You were lucky,the corps of engineers has a buffer zone along the shore of lake cumberland  ,dale hollow etc.on the up side the shore line is wooded and public property. We will have a walk through the woods about 300 feet