From the desert of Nevada, to the mountains of New Mexico

Started by Curtis, August 21, 2009, 09:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis

Last Wednesday my boss gave me a call, told me he was in a bit of a predicament and asked if I would be willing to move to New Mexico to work at this other place he owns.

Thursday morning I had my stuff in the car, making the 700 mile trip to New Mexico!

A little bit of a week ago, I was a caretaker / business manager of a good sized organic orchard in Nevada, this week I am the director of a large private library that is being developed for Union Psychology and a manager at a large retreat/conference center.

Went from 115 degree heat, to days around 80 or so and nice and cool at night.
1,200 FT to 8,300 FT!

I will still be returning to Nevada from time to time to take care of business, however I really love New Mexico and my new job. Mountain views from my porch, close to Santa Fe, Taos, and Los Alamos. A wonderful area.

The house I live in was created as a place for solitude for writers and artists to produce creative works. The area in which I live is very, "Artsy" I guess, for lack of a better term.

Can't complain  ;D

Library at Sunset and my dog trunks.

Life is so interesting.
-Curtis

Sassy

Wow, guess the chance you took moving to Nevada has turned out really great for you!  What a great opportunity  8)  The home looks beautiful!
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

That is pretty wild, Curtis.  Congrats and keep us posted.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Curtis

Yes, I feel blessed for the opportunities that have been presented to me this year.

Really enjoy my job.
-Curtis

glenn kangiser

You have done a great job of taking the proper steps as well as the calculated risks when opportunity came calling.

Ones who would not take the risks would not find what you have found.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Dog

The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

rwanders

[cool]  Sometimes good things happen to good people!   Your boss obviously has a lot of faith in you-----beautiful place!
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

MountainDon

[cool] place and happening.

You are somewhere near our cabin; 45 minutes or so west of Los Alamos along highway 4, south of the Valles Caldera and off FR10.

If you're interested and able to visit let me know. Saturdays thru Mondays are the only days that work or me right now, since we've rejoined the workplace.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.