How do I modify my plans

Started by jraabe, September 19, 2006, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jraabe

I got this question today:

We purchased the universal cottage and the sunroom addition plans a few months ago.  We would like to know how to get access to on-line PDF formats of the plans so we can e-mail them out to people to get quotes on building packages, etc.  Also, how do we go about modifying with a CAD program?

Reply:

If you join the Planhelp.com subscription site there are template files for this plan that allow floorplan modifications using the simple CAD program, 3D Home Architect ver 3. More info can be found here: http://www.planhelp.com/public/92.cfm.

There are no on-line PDF versions of the construction plans. For subcontractors and suppliers you have reprint rights to the paper plans and can make additional copies as needed for your project.

If you expect to develop a different floorplan layout for your house, you should complete that first and paste the floorplan modifications into a new master set of paper plans before making copies.

MIEDRN

What timing! I love the appearance of this cottage and think it would be perfect:  http://www.countryplans.com/webster.html

In various posts, people have described customizing your plans. I think the Universal design would be perfect to add the details as found in the plan above. As long as I follow span tables for the headers, it should be doable, right?

Just as soon as I'm a little closer to buying my land, I'll buy these and also join the plan help site.

Thanks.

jraabe

Yes, the Websters did a very nice job of customizing the 16' wide (Victoria plan). The same could be done with the 20' Universal. Things like porches and decks could be customized as well as the floorplan.

MIEDRN

Thanks for replying. I wondered if I had gone too far. This is a business, after all! :-[

Appreciate it. I'll try to save specific questions for the plan support forum in the future.