Free detail for loft ladder

Started by jraabe, July 07, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jraabe

Here is a one page PDF of the ladder and railing we use for access to a small loft. The ladder sits in a bracket on the wall until it is pulled out and braced on a rung.

Download PDF

pohmama

I am unable to open that...old computer, or old user...not sure which.... ;D that is exactly what we are looking for...my husband shpuld be able to figure it out without plans...thanks...

glenn-k

I may use this idea for the last 3 steps up into my cupola in the garage - still need access to the storage area over the porch.  This would allow that.

jraabe

To open a PDF you have to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. It's free. Click HERE

Once istalled you should be able to click the PDF link above, open and print the file.

argalax

It looks like ladder is not fixed at the top... ???
I think it should, otherwise it may fall back when climbing on it.

John Raabe

The top of the ladder rests with the rails on either side of the storage bracket. The angled ladder is locked in place when pressure is put on it and is loose so it can be lifted up and stored vertically on the pegs. Nobody has ever been able to get it to fall backwards.

Some folks have initially tried to climb it while it is hanging vertically, but that does not work out so well. ??? They soon figure it out.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

John Raabe

Here is another option for a loft stair - the Jefferson or alternate tread stair.

http://www.countryplans.com/alt_stair/

I have some rough guidelines for assembly.

None of us are as smart as all of us.

adam

thanks for the download. nice looking ladder setup for a smaller cabin that needs as much space as possible! :)