Tax Rebate........Warning some ranting..

Started by StinkerBell, January 24, 2008, 04:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

$100 could even help my economy. :)  I  quit working for trading dollars - the fun of it, and I quit working for questionable people.  Turned down a $5000 job the other day just because I don't think the guy has the money to pay me on time and I don't want to chase him for it.

I guess they'll have to find it first, Drew. [crz]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Willy

Quote from: glenn kangiser on January 25, 2008, 12:27:55 AM
$100 could even help my economy. :)  I  quit working for trading dollars - the fun of it, and I quit working for questionable people.  Turned down a $5000 job the other day just because I don't think the guy has the money to pay me on time and I don't want to chase him for it.

I guess they'll have to find it first, Drew. [crz]
Your in your down fall to closing shop now. I started doing the same things then woke up one morning and said I hate doing electrical work after 34+ years. I closed the doors sold the place and moved to Eastern Washington! It all started by not working for certain people, then certain types of jobs, all the way down to I'm just sick of the public in general and do not want to work for them anymore! Mark

williet

The best thing about the REFUND is that we're being told how to spend it!

Don't pay off a debt or save it...BUY something that you don't need so a company who's tax is gonna be cut can show a better profit...thus making the economy numbers look better...for the purpose of media hype!

The ONLY reason for this legislation is ease the tax on large corporations....REMEMBER THE RECORD PROFITS MADE LAST YEAR....Why should these companys pay a record tax too??????

The only time Bush is cheating us is every second of every day...and Pelosi is proving herself to be just a bobbing head with a store bought smile and NO backbone. First woman in the office...I was so proud of that accomplishment...looks like she'd wanna do just a little something !!!

NOTHING here will help the middle class or the economy. Without good jobs, tax can't be paid and merchandise can't be bought. Houses and cars can't be purchased for $300 dollars....IF the government was at all interested in our economy, we'd see a HIGHER tax going to those companys who'd rather employ citizens of other countries and we'd see tax breaks going to those who return employment this country.....

NOTHING HERE BUT HYPE TO COVER A TAX BREAK FOR MEGA-COROPORATIONS.

glenn kangiser

You have a good handle on it, Williet.

Mark, I will continue to work for the 4 or 5 good companies I sub for but no more break even jobs - even for them.  I agree with you -- general public are the pits and have to have a good recommendation or reputation before I work for them.  I will work for them if I feel good about dealing with them and that comes from shooting the bull with them.  I use their comments and attitudes to evaluate them. 

I only have so many hours to sell.  If I whore myself for break even what will I live on?  I'd just be wearing my self out for someone else's benefit.  I'm tired of doing it for the fun of it.  I'll go prospecting first. :)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: glenn kangiser on January 25, 2008, 12:29:12 PM
I will continue to work for the 4 or 5 good companies I sub for but no more break even jobs   

If I whore myself for break even what will I live on?  I'd just be wearing my self out for someone else's benefit.  I'm tired of doing it for the fun of it.  I'll go prospecting first. :)

But really good friends are an exception and even they won't let you get by that easy if they are truely good friends.

Drew

Quote from: williet on January 25, 2008, 11:25:49 AM
The best thing about the REFUND is that we're being told how to spend it!

Yup, that's the good part.  And to make sure we don't to anything Unamerican like hog our money in a savings account or pay off money (debt) that has already been counted in last year's income statements, they are putting a cap on who can get the refund.

The MSM is still building policy from rumors, but one article said that over a certain point (I think it's $150K per household) the refund throttles back.  From a logical point of view, these are households that have put a lot into the system and are funding this "refund".  Well, there are more households with less than $150K AGI so it's a sound political move.  Yup...

$150K AGI sounds like a lot and it is.  Most households like this are on a 1/4 acre lot or less in town with a correspondingly high cost of living.  Kids, insurance, transportation, all of that.  Many have aging parents, legal fees, medical expenses and everything else that everyone has.  It's a life choice, and everyone is watching what will happen next.

Everyone pays their bills in dollars and depends on insurance to cover their medical expenses (if they're lucky).  Everyone depends on the health of the economy to some extent to take care of themselves when they get older (Even if you are off the grid, if you sell food or services, you still need buyers).  Everyone is in this together and handing out dance bids only to the pretty girls on the Titanic is moronic and divisive.

Redoverfarm

If they would have addressed the gasoline and heating oil problem then people would have the extra money to spend on products that would have boosted the economy thus eliminating the need for their actions in the first place. But why do that it would be money out of their pockets that way.

glenn kangiser

I also evaluate the friends I work for and work with the ones that will be fair as well as give them a break. 

I turn down contracts for friends that may be unreasonable if I see that they have possibly had altercations with others in the past and want to keep them as a friend.

I worked for one that I had not worked for before, and his expectations were unreasonable at the end of the job.  I took my losses and kept him as a friend but will not work for him any more.  I took the job for him at a reduced rate at the start based on his word of what he got quotes from others for.  Usually these lowball quotes by out of work contractors or individuals from the trades doing side jobs are usually followed by lots of additions and change orders, but I don't work that way.  I still completed the contract at the agreed upon price.  Just won't do it for him again.  He backcharged me for storage fees due to weather. 

glenn kangiser

Our country is run by oil company, war machine and big business representatives. 

For us to improperly spend the rebate (they will take from our kids credit- they already blew our contribution) or get it under the wrong terms would be anti-fascist.  Can't have that. [crz]

StinkerBell

I come back to this thread and still NO ONE offers me chocolate.....

Redoverfarm

Quote from: Redoverfarm on January 25, 2008, 12:48:17 PM

But really good friends are an exception and even they won't let you get by that easy if they are truely good friends.

Thats why I said "truely good friends". 

glenn kangiser

We have it, Stink.  You are welcome to it.  Just need to make the trip.  When will you arrive.  We'll set a place for you.  :)

Redoverfarm