8 Reasons You Should Not Believe Everything You See On The Internet

Started by MountainDon, February 16, 2010, 12:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

All above from redoverfarm.  Many many more available at   http://www.worth1000.com/

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Homegrown Tomatoes

bayview

. . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

RainDog

Don't you, just a little, want to press your nose up against the monitor when looking at that cat-bunny, though?

:D
NE OK

Whitlock

Ther is a perfectly good explanation for the above It was the after math of Glenntrails heh
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

pagan

Apparently I had an uncle in Nigeria nobody in my family knew about who died in a plane crash. His attorney is going to help me collect the $30 million he has in various bank accounts throughout Nigeria. Shouldn't cost me too much...but hey, I'll eventually get the $30 million. Pretty f'n sweeeet.  :)

RainDog

Quote from: pagancelt on February 17, 2010, 02:51:09 PM
Apparently I had an uncle in Nigeria nobody in my family knew about who died in a plane crash. His attorney is going to help me collect the $30 million he has in various bank accounts throughout Nigeria. Shouldn't cost me too much...but hey, I'll eventually get the $30 million. Pretty f'n sweeeet.  :)

Great! If you happen to get low on money, y'know, payin' for bank transfers and such, I'll be happy to give you some extra.

Thing is, I'll need for you to cash this official Nigerian money order I have for $5000. Cash it, take a couple of grand, and send me the balance.

I await your prompt reply.

Sincerely yours in God's love,
President Umaru Yar'Adua

NE OK

MaineRhino

We had a friend get taken on that scam. Even after we told her it was fake, she did it anyway.  20 or 30k or so in the hole  [toilet]...... d*

pagan

I read an exceptionally long blog by a guy who started responding to one of the Nigerian scams. At the end, most likely he just got bored with the endeavor, he explained he knew it was a scam. The alleged Nigerian attorney provided him with the ultimate insult, I guess in Nigeria it's the ultimate insult...

"Your mother rides naked through your village on a donkey!" \

Doesn't really have the same impact in America.

Holy crap, 20 to 30 thousand bucks. I don't know if I should feel sorry for her, or laugh at her.

MountainDon

MaineRhino

She fell for a sweet talker on a dating site. It was quite easy to figure out once we heard of what was happening. I think it's funny, my wife does not. Go figure!   d*

pagan

I worked with a guy who was on those Russian wife sites. He was always telling us how nice the girls were until he told them he didn't have any money to send them for whatever reason they gave. Usually it was to get a transit visa and plane ticket to come and visit, although you could never buy the tickets for her, rather you sent her the money and she would buy the ticket, something about Russian travel policies.

RainDog

NE OK

MountainDon

This morning I received an offer in my email.... If I followed up on this and received the $5M USD I'd probably just do something foolish with it so I'll pass the info along to anyone with greater self control.   ;)

Blessing mensah has invited you to connect on 'mensah Family':

""From: Blessing Mensah (Mrs)
The Regional Manager,
Standard Chartered Bank of Ghana,
Temale Branch.

This will interest you

My name is Blessing Mensah (Mrs), I am the regional manager of Standard
Chartered Bank of Ghana Temale Branch. Am writing you this mail for something
very important; I am happily married with four lovely kids. I have been a banker
for almost 10 years.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit you and I, as the
regional manager of my branch it is my duty to send in a financial report to my
head office in the capital city Accra at the end of each business year.

On the course of the last year 2009 business report, I discovered that my branch
in which I am the manager made Five
million six hundred and twenty thousand united state dollars ($5,620,000.00)USD.
I have placed this funds on what we call escrow call account, this account is
strictly for onward transfer, with no beneficiary.

As an officer of this bank I cannot be directly connected to this money in any
way, so my aim of contacting you is to assist me receive this money in your bank
account and get 40% of the total funds as commission, while 60 percent comes
back to me. I placed you on 40% because I believe this business now belongs to
the both of us, and your efforts and support is highly going to be involved as
well.

Up till date, no one has the knowledge of the $5,620,000.00USD you are about to
receive in your bank account, and no one will ever know of it.

All you need to do is stand and claim as the original depositor and beneficiary
of the fund in my branch so that my head office can order the transfer of the
fund to your designated bank account. There are practically no risks involved,
it will be a bank-to-bank transfer.

From the day you applied, within 6 days the money should have been transferred
and cleared in your account if all things work out well. Then I will get back my
60% through any means we find best to do so.

Please note that all I need from you is your trust and sincerity as to seeing
this through.

am expecting your soonest reply as to enable us start doing something about this
immediately.

kindly contact me.
Blessing Mensah (Mrs)."

Join 'mensah Family':

Then there;s a link to go join their "family" at myfamily dot com   I don't want to publish the link here.

PS, FWIW I sent a full copy with headers to the myfamily dot com folks, so if ya'll are interested better hurry up in case they remove the sender.    ;D ;D ;D

pagan

RainDog,

Nah, I've been off the field too long. I went for the celtic girls, however, when I was younger.

Don,

My late uncle in Nigeria had more money than that. It's the greed and sense of getting money for nothing that causes so many people to be duped by these con artists. Always has been and always will be the reason the same cons keep coming back; they work so well.